Options

Let’s See Your Rando Security Videos !!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked greener than a cypress hill concert. I would still be tempted to fight the warning in court just to prove it 😂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Honestly. I find that disgusting. The cop profiled you/your vehicle, period. Wasted your time and no doubt hoped to find something in your vehicle. I would be furious if I was you. 

This example is everything that is wrong with policing today and nothing is being done about it. What happened to “serve and protect”? The new mantra should be “revenue generation and intimidation”. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    She didn't ask my son and I to get out of the car or request to search the car. Although,  I'd have loved to let her dig through my son's and my stinky hockey gear as we had just finished playing. 

Her attitude changed quickly when she saw the dash cam.  I even went as far as handing it to her she I couldn't figure out how to make it play back to see if she could find a function setting I couldn't.

Luckily it was a Saturday afternoon, just my son and me so we didn't have anywhere to be.    If she had pushed the issue I'd have pushed back. 

I definitely recommend dash cams in every vehicle.   I think running a traffic light is 6 points and a huge fine of 600 or more.  

I was positive my light was green but in the moment I was doubting myself. My kid was telling me we had the green light. 

Based on her attitude I think it was an honest mistake and she wasn't sure enough in herself to give me any more than a warning.  She wasn't rude but the presence of the dash cam really changed the way I think she handled the situation.  

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it hard to interpret that light as anything but blazing green. Maybe I’m just sceptical of the motives of law enforcement. 

I agree with the importance of dash cams. A couple of years ago I was leaving work and a tractor trailer was stopped just before a railroad crossing (I assume driver was lost). As I slowly drove around him, he started moving. A cop pulled me over and began lecturing me that it is illegal to pass at a train crossing. 

I calmly explained that I wasn’t passing and that it was illegal for a vehicle to stop adjacent to a train crossing (lots of no stopping signs posted) but the cop wasn’t having it. I offered that the officer could review my dash cam footage to see that the truck wasn’t moving when I began to go around him and suddenly his demeanour changed. I am certain he would have ticketed me if I hadn’t had the dash cam and I would have had no recourse/proof of what really occurred.

I wish I could be a cop for a day. I would spend the entire day ticketing left lane squatters.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    At that intersection the green light in my lane is extended in my direction as opposed to hers in the opposite direction.   I'm not sure she knew that.    

There are two turning lanes in my direction, it is the main entrance to the largest mall in our city.  

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @PickleRick  I watched this 3 times and did not see any problem with the traffic lights. I assume the white ford was the unmarked cop car. 
  • Options
    The white Ford was a city cop, you can barely see the side marking.  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    A few local cars here have the retro reflective signage - white on white, hard to see in the day but can’t miss at night. You can get in black too and was thinking to get some for my leather jacket for night riding on the Harley - that I rarely do so didn’t bother. Last boat had black retro reflective vinyl for the name and it was very bright with a light on it.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Well if we're including dash cam in this thread I'll have something to contribute. Here's something funny mine caught the other day

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    A few nights ago, my cameras caught a Deer stopping in my driveway to actually look into the windows on my car being nosey  :D
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    I have my rando searching device all set up on the boat. 🔎👀

Probably just get some good video of my tripping thru the door or something 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL! @rando approved!😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    RandoCam!  I recently used mine to yell at some blackbirds that wanted to hang out in the cockpit.  Birds be all "heyy, man, that's creepy."  They did not come back.  
  • Options
    First random video. Let's hope that's as exciting as it gets. Probably just needed a cup of sugar. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rZmjY2puNSnM3XfM6
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like he was knocking to see if anybody was home.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura keep that video on the USB stick. Seems shady to me. He wasn’t with his girls looking for toilet paper….
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d keep it too, but probably just checking out your new boat. I go walk down the dock of new boats near me in the spring just to check em out. I am a rando though  ;)
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilty. I do it all the time w/ my friends with drinks in our hands. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was he trying a window there? I like to walk docks and look- but never put my hands on one..
  • Options
    I think he was just knocking. Don't think it was suspicious at all. There are a lot of people that live on there boats and also lots of working boats so there is people all over. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Caught a fight at the neighbors last year on our home cameras. Only catch the yelling and screaming but I was looking out the window and saw it. Started to get physical but then it was broken up. Also have caught a few deer in our yard which isn't common since we live closer to town