Options

Senior Moment / angry boater

2»

Comments

• Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I know there are orange flags that can be displayed if you are in distress especially if you are positioned in a bad spot, like a channel. Does anyone have these on board? I have flares but no flag.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    I know there are orange flags that can be displayed if you are in distress especially if you are positioned in a bad spot, like a channel. Does anyone have these on board? I have flares but no flag.

Yes, I have one that came with my LED flare.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happen to all that gas? It's got to be embarrassing. had to rib ya, what are friends for. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was too cheap to fill up that day
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    ok, ok.  I had some issues before our 10-day trip with a little backfiring on the stbd motor.  I changed the plugs, all went away.  I didn't think about how it may have been burning more fuel that it doesn't really report on Vesselview.  Well, i ran out on my stbd motor.  Was heading to Solomons, and just a few miles out.  After going on one motor for a bit, thought, well I'd like to get in before dark (& had two other boats with me that wouldn't go ahead).  Got fuel back to both motors from one tank (which I was scared was low because it was generator side too). Got about a mile out, less than that, from the 6mph zone and that was it.  The wife and I watched the full moon rise while we waited for BoatUS to bring some fuel.  Not a big deal, but that stbd motor burned a good 30 gallons more than it should have.  Burning much better now though.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express