Options

Loss of power

13»

Comments

• Options
    kennydalglishkennydalglish Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    I hate to revive this link but unfortunately my issue original issue came back.  So that is now 2 sensors replaced that temporarily took care of the beeping and loss of power issue that are now no longer working.  I am starting to think the issue lies electrically ?  Waiting to put the boat back in the water for yet again more troubleshooting.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah seems very suspect that you would have that many go bad. Maybe theres a short somewhere and its sending too much or too little power to the sensor and killing it? I would trace the wiring from the sensor to the ECU and make sure nothing is bad. Maybe even replace the pigtail that plugs into the sensor?
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @kennydalglish

Hey Kenny,
    What about something else altogether?
    We had massive power loss in port motor last season. Alarms etc. Backfires. Ended up the fix was a new cap/rotor/plugs.....back to perfect. 2014 boat all Merc stuff.

I didn't know these newer electronic ignition boats still had cap/rotor.

Not likely the replacement TPS's are actually all failing on you. 
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had the same experience...night and day.
  • Options
    Just an update.  Had my marina service guys hook up a laptop diagnostic instead of my mechanics ancient tool.  They said the TPS code was still there and they went ahead and cleared it.  Now just need to go down to the boat to give it a run and pray for no beeps.  Mattie,  Good advice.  about to replace my wires and plugs as well since they are due.  Replaced Cap and rotor last year.    Rasbury,  let me know details ??

• Options
    Joe,  I also ordered a connector that plugs into the TPS to replace in case one or all 3 of the pins are loose and becomes worse under vibration.

• Options
    I hate to say it but the saga continues.  Having a real good time with this boat that I bought last season.  Latest:  Marina mechanic hooked up real time laptop diagnostic and the beeps are being caused by no oil pressure at low RPM.  History:  Had total engine rebuild done last season at a cost of 6K.  Oil has been changed after break in period with 24W40 Mercruiser oil.  Oil Level is good.
    What are the things you would check ?  In order of easiest to hardest ?
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Oil pressure sender?

I had a 5.7 Volvo where the elbow between the block and the sender cracked. Readings went wacko and it leaked a tiny bit of oil. Pretty cheap part to replace. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Not too many things to check, oil pressure sender first. Did they rebuild or change the oil pump during rebuild.
  • Options
    Thanks Grahamu.  He replaced many things during rebuild but not the oil pump.  On a Mag 350 where would the oil pressure sender be located ? and is it accessible for normal people or only for small flexible people with tiny hands ?
  • Options
    Not sure I'll check the manual, probably on the side of the block.
  • Options
  • Options
    Grahamu,  looking at pics of my engine.  I dont think I will be that lucky.  May have to break out the manual.