Options

Saloon lights stopped working…

PhilipPhilip Member Posts: 25
Hi guys,

Out of the blue my saloon lights stopped working - all three spots at the same time. I changed the bulbs without any luck. 

Does anyone knows if there is a circuit breaker or fuse or something, that could have popped? 🙏

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check fuse first. I have had to replace a few fuses in mine here recently as corrosion makes contact points less efficient.  I was getting dim cabin lights and a radio that cut out above half volume.

New fuses got bulb grease.  I will be replacing them all as I find more time.  
  • Options
    Check fuse first. I have had to replace a few fuses in mine here recently as corrosion makes contact points less efficient.  I was getting dim cabin lights and a radio that cut out above half volume.

New fuses got bulb grease.  I will be replacing them all as I find more time.  
    Thanks. Where do I find the fuse for the saloon lights?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    You're very welcome.

I cant help you there as I'm not familiar with your boat model.  I am, however, well acquainted with issues in 12v systems caused by moisture.  

Maybe one of the other members here who own or are familiar with your model rinker can chime in with where your fuse panel is located.  

Also...kinda dumb question but I found this by accident.  All 3 lights above the galley quit working. 

Turns out along with an on off switch on each light housing I also have a master switch by my sink which turns them on and off. 

I guess one of my guests were trying to find the fresh water pump pressure switch to wash their hands and hit every switch they could find. I didn't know these switches existed.

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 865 ✭✭✭
    On my 342 FV the cabin lights, vee berth lights, aft berth lights have breakers on the 12 volt panel
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    There is a breaker at the helm labeled cabin lights. Have you checked for power at the switch above the tv cabinet? There is a wiring diagram for the 280 on here. I will get the link for you. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    There is a breaker at the helm labeled cabin lights. Have you checked for power at the switch above the tv cabinet? There is a wiring diagram for the 280 on here. I will get the link for you. 
    Thanks Greg! I turns out one of the wires came off behind the switch - so embarrassing :-D 
  • Options
    Philip said:
    Thanks Greg! I turns out one of the wires came off behind the switch - so embarrassing :-D 
    Any easy fix!   Well...once you found the issue it was an easy fix. That deserves a cold beer or 3