Options

Sea Ray 370 Venture

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    And it even has Axius. 
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what is the biggest outboard you can install on this boat. Twin 600s would make it interesting.

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the pics you wouldn't even know it had outboards 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like that SeaRay .... nice concept.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like the cabin layout. A 37’ boat should have a shower stall and proper sleeping quarters in my opinion. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Personally I think the overall layout stinks. Not a fan!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    258G!!! What I could do with that money!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    That was my point when this model came out.  The claim was that the architect had total freedom because the engines were outside.  The reality was that it didn't increase interior volume by as much as you'd think.  

And I'm with @Handymans342 -- I could find better ways to spend $258k.  Such as, my boat and $100k in the bank.
  • Options
    I am not a huge fan of the layout either. I just thought the concept was interesting. Looks like an inboard but has the benefits of outboards.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

There was a Poker Runs Of America card stop at our marina today. There were all the usual hull and HP configurations. On the way downriver I saw a pontoon boat running alongside the go fasts. When the boats returned and tied-up for their cards I could see the pontoon was a registered entrant "driven" by some old gray haired guys. Some of the go fast owners stopped to talk with them. When they all left to go up-river to the next stop and the green flag was dropped the old guys in their pontoon smoked everyone, including two jet turbine boats, for the first 300 or so yards. Yes, there are 2 X 300 HP outboards on that pontoon.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about cost? Isn't one of those 300 HP motors ruffly 30 grand...so 60 grand in motors? I understand the easier to maintain or swap a motor but dang, if you are starting with 60 grand in motors....my single motor on the 270 is just not that hard to work on for the most part- granted I see that having one hang off the back would be much easier but I can buy 3 motors to one!
  • Options
    Pfffff ... it's just money. Biden is printing lots of it, so you may as well spend it.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Ras.....if you are an entrant in a Poker Run and you have 2 x300HP motors hung-off your pontoon boat money is not part of the equation. Where I boat U.S. (New York)/Canadian (Ontario) waterways of the St. Lawrence money is not an issue. It's like Miami north.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkB said:
    Pfffff ... it's just money. Biden is printing lots of it, so you may as well spend it.
    He is not giving people 258G Mark
  • Options
    so what is behind the mid ship berth if it is an out board or do we have two different topics starting to mingle? Sweet looking boat for sure...once you can swallow the price, can only imagine ( not really ) what it costs to keep her floating!
  • Options
    MarkB said:
    He is not giving people 258G Mark
    He's not giving you 258G ... but his friends are getting much more than that. LOL.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @rasbury - behind the mid-berth is an equipment room for tanks, batteries, genny, water heater and the rest.  It's almost as big as an engine room, so the boat doesn't gain as much interior space as you'd expect.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    @rasbury - behind the mid-berth is an equipment room for tanks, batteries, genny, water heater and the rest.  It's almost as big as an engine room, so the boat doesn't gain as much interior space as you'd expect.  
    Yes...that's what I figured so what's the point? Give me some more room I can use inside and I'll think about it! Well not really but don't see the plus.
  • Options
    I was in a Carver with twin outboards and there was at least three feet more room and that's being conservative - it was probably four feet. ALL cruisers have generators, batteries, waste tanks, fresh water tanks etc. But taking the engines out should give you at least three + feet but more like five feet in some. 
  • Options
    Was it a C37? I really like that boat. 
  • Options
    If you compare the total volume of living space ... cabin, cockpit, swim platform ... it's a zero-sum game.  Like MT says, all cruisers need all the same components, and they all take up similar volume on the boat.  With outboards, the arrangement is different, and it will be better for some boaters.  

Personally, when I'm sitting in the cockpit, I wouldn't like having 3-5 feet of engines or engine covers between me and the swim platform.  That's because the swim platform is an important social space based on how I use the boat.  
  • Options
    @YYZRC...it often comes into our marina I will try to get its badge before its's hauled for (sorry to swear on the forum) winter. It does seem to get on plane fast.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look what just dropped anchor behind us!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Non-matching fenders. Blasphemy. 
  • Options
    Go make friends with them ... get a boat tour so you can report back to us.  

@YYZRC those fenders are from their previous 19' runabout.  
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @aero3113  What LaRea said.  :D Bring us a full report.

• Options
    Tap tap tap.....are you aboard yet?
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Go make friends with them ... get a boat tour so you can report back to us.  

@YYZRC those fenders are from their previous 19' runabout.  
    @aero3113  What LaRea said.  :D Bring us a full report.

rasbury said:
    Tap tap tap.....are you aboard yet?
    LoL! I wasn’t able to talk to them. But from what I could see, it looked very nice. I was telling everyone that it had outboards and no one would believe me!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:

Look what just dropped anchor behind us!

Areed. Those fenders are beyond dumb. I wouldn’t raft a canoe up to that boat with those dinky things.
    Nice looking boat tho….anchor wifey needs some UV rays.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude looks like a lady??😆
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)