Options

Sea Ray 370 Venture

13»

Comments

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @Michael T saw this at Picton Island this past weekend.  Twin 400's on the back.  Should have been in that Poker Run.

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 400's are like $70000 each. Crazy stuff right there 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Judging from the sweatbands his ladies are sporting, I'd say it's a pair of 400 stickers on a pair of 150s.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    @Spyderweb...S-W-E-E-T! 800HP Holy @#$% - that outta go! .....no those are 400s - look at the a$$ of the pontoon boat it's draggin' in the water - until he hits the throttles that is. Wonder if it has AXIUS lol!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys I just don't see that as being fun...maybe if u had a few mil in the bank and bored with my toys...
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRP is making “Sea-Doo” pontoons now.  :#
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    To each his own but if I had $250-$300k to spend on a boat it wouldn't be an 800 horsepower pontoon.
  • Options
    Agree.  I can understand why the Venture 370 exists.  Toons exist for the purpose of being cheap.  If you take away the cheap, splain to me why it exists!
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Kind of like stuffing a Hellcat motor into a minivan. Would that sell?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Geez - you guys ARE getting old. Where's your spirit of adventure? BTW talking about boats and and the words, cheap, economical or spending money are a contradiction - yes?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Michael T I think you're right.  An 800-HP toon doesn't exist because it should.  It exists because it MUST exist!  

I used to lap race tracks behind a 70's Mercedes sedan fitted with a blown American big-block V8.  The car wasn't pretty, and it wouldn't turn, but GAWD it would eat up the straights.  It was the talk of the paddock!  

The last time I saw the car, I was doing 130 mph and looking at his floorpan.  I was chasing him into Turn 1 at Summit Point, and his brakes went away.  He hit the gravel runoff, went nose-in, and almost went end-over-end.  The story has nothing to do with boats, but it was fun to watch!
  • Options
    I didn't think it would be possible for Hinckley to make an ugly boat.  Then they decided to make one with outboards.  Ughhhh.  That's a disservice to the Hinckley brand.   

Hinckley Yachts Unveils Designs for 2 OB-Powered Models Captain39s Report   BoatTEST
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We saw this the other day. Pretty cool set up, but a little small up top!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    @LaRea.....we put a  tuned 283 into an Austin Healey 3000 ....'vette killer. Later a tuned 396 into a Chevy ll it was nick-named Claim Jumper (you could lift the front end high enough for most of the local guys to walk under) and at the time, in street races, nothing could touch it. .......lonnnnnnng time ago when cars were real - not jumped-up 4 cyl rice rockets! Showing my age, yes.
  • Options
    Real cars for real men!

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭

I'd love to have that for a few days. Prob get old pretty quick. Check out the speakers!

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current