Options

Follow up question regarding Micro Wave problem

jandavjandav Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
In my question about the Micro wave I have found out that I have to replace the Micro.
https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/12798/microwave-problem#latest
Rinker installed the Micro in our cabin so I cane get it out through the whole that sits in, I need to remove the complete front panel and my question now is HOW do I do that.... 
I guess that I have to remove a lot of screws but which one...
Anyone that has dissembled this part of the kitchen?
Thanks in advance for any help 
/Jan (from sunny Sweden)

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Here is a picture showing the panel that I need to remove to be able to replace the Micro.
    I can see that it is screws behind the door but where are all the screws that needs to be removed?
    /Jan
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there screws under the microwave going in to the shelf Below the unit?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I removed the microwave on my FV250. Look underneath the microwave and you should see some screws. Those screws attached to a plywood board that is attached directly to the bottom of the microwave. You can then slide it out, however in the case of my boat I had to cut the power cord to do that. I have installed an electrical outlet and I'm using the space for storage. Andy
  • Options
    My problem is that the plywood board that the microwave is attached to is not in the center of the microwave, that makes the microwave+plywood board together too wide for just slide out.....
    It is therefore I need to remove the front panel to be able to replace the microwave.
    I have already found the screws under the shelf, it was after removing them I realised that I need to remove the complete front panel.
    Thanks again for all help!
    /Jan