Options

Canadian Election

YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
What’s the right answer here? This is a disaster…!
2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some how I feel like this will be a much more civil discussion than what we'd be going into over the US election.  

• Options
    Fair point!
  • Options
    I hope you're dealing with something in-between mean tweets and sun downing?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    .....the disaster is that the moron who is our Prime Minister (before election he was a part-time drama teacher) spent upwards of 600 million of taxpayer money on his attempt to sneak-in for another four years half-way through his tenure having already put Canada so far in debt it will take generations to pay-off. His father was an intellectual - this moron needed the American Ambassador to Canada to tell him how old our country was - what an embarrassment he is!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I am really upset at the debt we are shouldered with. I am very lucky to have maintained employment, but I have spent thousands on child care while school was online. 

It seems like we will be paying 10% HST soon plus the new luxury tax and our kids will never dig out from under this mess. 
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    @YYZRC....yes I'm really concerned for the grand children, they are going to wear this and I don't see an electoral choice/salvation....and in the meantime we are about to be taxed even higher! 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    off topic a bit, are kids up there staying in virtual classes, or going in person? 
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    We are going in the same track here in the beautiful USA 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Time for Canada to cycle the gov't back to business people with some good judgement & respect internationally. 

A country can only have bleeding hearts & parties with excessive social benefit programs in charge for so long. 
    My grandpa told me as a kid, "the only thing free in life is air - everything else you work for."
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well after what happened here the last 4 years I'm not sure having "business" people run the government was a great idea...at least the ones that are interested in doing something for their country vs. how much they could steal from it. I kind of grew into the opinion that someone in business that is smart enough to be president would be the last one to run...we let the fox in the hen house I'm afraid and the middle class will feel the impact of that for generations.  We have had more debt increase with republicans in office vs. the dems if you look at the history...
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Can't comment on the States. Although the politics make for a great watch.

Time for a change up here. 6 years is long enough. Our vanilla tip-of-the-spear leader is a high school teacher with a pedigree.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree @mattie. Hare to admit it I voted for the incipient little pr!ck the first time only because I thought Harper was leaning waayy too far right. I switched back to PC last time and will be this time also. I like O'Toole. Policies look good and besides, the puns on his name will be great!😆 
    It is interesting however how in Canada it is not uncommon  to switch parties depending on the candidate and the policies of the day. Less common with our friends to the south.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Willhound said:
    Agree @mattie. Hare to admit it I voted for the incipient little pr!ck the first time only because I thought Harper was leaning waayy too far right. I switched back to PC last time and will be this time also. I like O'Toole. Policies look good and besides, the puns on his name will be great!😆 
    It is interesting however how in Canada it is not uncommon  to switch parties depending on the candidate and the policies of the day. Less common with our friends to the south.
    Hate to break it to you but O'Toole is Liberal Lite (our American friends would label him a RINO).  He's turning redder and redder every day with his incessant flip-flopping and pandering.  As far as choices go, this is the worst election ever.

mvn  
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    I am really upset at the debt we are shouldered with. I am very lucky to have maintained employment, but I have spent thousands on child care while school was online. 

It seems like we will be paying 10% HST soon plus the new luxury tax and our kids will never dig out from under this mess. 
    You and me are going to pay big time for Trudeau's spending ... we already are. Inflation is through the roof due to printing money and free CERB paychecks ... carbon taxes on gases, house prices ... inflation is what we call the "Poor man's tax" because it hits everyone, but the poor pay dearly.

HST will go up no doubt, we will pay 15% very soon.
    He will impose capital gains tax on principle residences.

He is reckless, all this spending ... and for WHAT???  What does he have to show for it? The Provinces basically had to take over managing COVID ... he hasn't done anything for COVID since he screwed up trying to get vaccines at the start. Is our economy in good shape after spending all that money ... NOPE!  So, what do we have to show for it?

Let's put this into context ... do you think we are any better off as a country than when Trudeau started 6 years ago?  I don't think we've improved much ... if anything we're worse off .... and let's just recognize how much money he has spent:

"By the time all the money is out the door, Trudeau will probably have accumulated more debt than all 22 prime ministers who preceded him combined"

Let that sink in.

Source:

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trudeau-to-pile-on-record-debt-steering-canada-out-of-pandemic-1.1591899

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    well after what happened here the last 4 years I'm not sure having "business" people run the government was a great idea...at least the ones that are interested in doing something for their country vs. how much they could steal from it. I kind of grew into the opinion that someone in business that is smart enough to be president would be the last one to run...we let the fox in the hen house I'm afraid and the middle class will feel the impact of that for generations.  We have had more debt increase with republicans in office vs. the dems if you look at the history...
    You are so wrong
  • Options
    @mvn...agree with a bit of pandering. You guys are maybe too young but do you remember Joe Clark saying the price of gas had to be raised a few cents a gallon? Pierre Trudeau mocked Clark's idea, got elected, raised the price of gas by 3X more and said tough luck I had no idea we needed the money! Maybe get elected THEN bring-out policies?
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Oh, I remember those days well.  
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    rasbury said:
    You are so wrong
    You don't know what you're talking about handy, he's handing the um...thing...just fine. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man you Canucks are glutens for punishment 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all of us Handy. Despite not having the majority of votes our screwed up riding system allows the immigrant laden area around the city of Toronto to dictate the outcome for an entire country. (Jeez, I almost sound like a pi$$ed off Trump supporter).
    Congratulations Fiberals. You wasted $600 Million dollars, potentially exposed millions of people to Covid, ensured that our kids, grandkids and great grandkids will never be out of debt and gave this buffoon an opportunity to further embarrass us on the world stage. 🤬 Way to go!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    the vote dosent count these people are installed 
  • Options
    Canada is going to continue his path to a communist country. Enjoy
  • Options
    Willhound said:

Congratulations Fiberals. You wasted $600 Million dollars, potentially exposed millions of people to Covid, ensured that our kids, grandkids and great grandkids will never be out of debt and gave this buffoon an opportunity to further embarrass us on the world stage. 🤬 Way to go!
    Wasn't it the Ontario Liberal gov't that messed up our electricity pricing for future generations, too??
  • Options
    Once again, same as 2019 - Conservatives got the popular vote.

BUT that doesn't translate into gov't seats. Stuuupid system.

• Options
    skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭

We are screwed!!! Gas prices are just going to skyrocket up even more!!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skuter99 said:

We are screwed!!! Gas prices are just going to skyrocket up even more!!

Gas, food, houses, more taxes, rising interest rates to curb stupid inflation due to free money give aways ... including tax on your principle home .... 

Only the rich will win in this equation ... which is precisely what PM black face wants.

Yet the poor and middle class vote him in, because like the snake he is ... says the right things, but does not follow through on much, in fact does worse/opposite.

This entire election cost $600M ... there were only 6 seat changes!!! Only 6 movements in the party seats!! $100M per seat!!! Absurd!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    edited September 2021
    As with US presidential politics, I have a hard time taking this conversation seriously.  
    I have voted in 11 presidential elections.  All 11 times, the election left some faction of Americans muttering "This jerk will destroy the United States of America."  And those people have been wrong every time -- 11 times out of 11.  
    Ask Google, how many times did people write "President Trump will destroy the United States of America?"  (Answer:  40 million times)  But Trump didn't destroy the country.  Neither did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Reagan, despite the predictions.  
    So, perk up neighbors!  Canada will be just fine.  Here, have a nice butter tart.   :)
  • Options
    But, the Buffon of Biden had destroy a lot in the last 8 month. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    thats right perk up everything is going great  America and Canada are doing great with every election were getting more and more freedom and working less and less, were all looking forward to a care free retirement where our elected  officials will take care of everything