Options

Canadian Election

2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    As with US presidential politics, I have a hard time taking this conversation seriously.  
    I have voted in 11 presidential elections.  All 11 times, the election left some faction of Americans muttering "This jerk will destroy the United States of America."  And those people have been wrong every time -- 11 times out of 11.  
    Ask Google, how many times did people write "President Trump will destroy the United States of America?"  (Answer:  40 million times)  But Trump didn't destroy the country.  Neither did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Reagan, despite the predictions.  
    So, perk up neighbors!  Canada will be just fine.  Here, have a nice butter tart.   :)
    Biden ain't done yet. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A low count of $600 million - likely closer to a billion - for one extra seat and two more years in power.......I have already started an investment account for my grand daughter. She's going to need it as old age security and the Canadian pension plan will be bankrupt. It's almost funny but not quite!
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you're not investing her in bank stocks; he wants to take our bank dividend money too!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    A low count of $600 million - likely closer to a billion - for one extra seat and two more years in power.......I have already started an investment account for my grand daughter. She's going to need it as old age security and the Canadian pension plan will be bankrupt. It's almost funny but not quite!
    We are already there MT!!!
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    We have too many political parties. Heck at the top of the ballots we printed was a guy running for the communist party!  You have to be doing really well governing to win majority ,  or so bad that the other guys take the reins, otherwise a minority government it is.   Anyway we will be back at it again in 18 months, and I'll be ready to take another piece of that $600,000,000 for a new boat trailer.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    You guys in Canada are screwed.   Luckily for us here in the USA we've been told help is on the way.  

• Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    oscar1 said:
    TRUMP 2024

I love the people of Southern Florida! 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Not all of us Handy. Despite not having the majority of votes our screwed up riding system allows the immigrant laden area around the city of Toronto to dictate the outcome for an entire country. (Jeez, I almost sound like a pi$$ed off Trump supporter).
    Congratulations Fiberals. You wasted $600 Million dollars, potentially exposed millions of people to Covid, ensured that our kids, grandkids and great grandkids will never be out of debt and gave this buffoon an opportunity to further embarrass us on the world stage. 🤬 Way to go!
    Please.. thanks to trillions in waste here in the states we're never getting out of this. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Willhound said:
    Not all of us Handy. Despite not having the majority of votes our screwed up riding system allows the immigrant laden area around the city of Toronto to dictate the outcome for an entire country. (Jeez, I almost sound like a pi$$ed off Trump supporter).
    Congratulations Fiberals. You wasted $600 Million dollars, potentially exposed millions of people to Covid, ensured that our kids, grandkids and great grandkids will never be out of debt and gave this buffoon an opportunity to further embarrass us on the world stage. 🤬 Way to go!
    Please.. thanks to trillions in waste here in the states we're never getting out of this. 
    You just don't realize the importance of gender studies in India, was a very important part of our last stimulus package. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    As with US presidential politics, I have a hard time taking this conversation seriously.  
    I have voted in 11 presidential elections.  All 11 times, the election left some faction of Americans muttering "This jerk will destroy the United States of America."  And those people have been wrong every time -- 11 times out of 11.  
    Ask Google, how many times did people write "President Trump will destroy the United States of America?"  (Answer:  40 million times)  But Trump didn't destroy the country.  Neither did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Reagan, despite the predictions.  
    So, perk up neighbors!  Canada will be just fine.  Here, have a nice butter tart.   :)
    Did any of your presidents every say "The budget will just balance itself"?
    Did they ever say, "Forgive me if I don't care about monetary policy"?
    Did they ever get caught defeating justice (it's true, Turdeau did something bad)?
    Did any ever admit to taking gifts he shouldn't have (he did admit he broke laws)?
    Did any ever get caught supporting a "charity" and getting kick backs (WE charity closed)?
    Did any ever have 3 women of his own cabinet resign due to ethical concerns of which 2 wrote books that share how he is a chauvinistic bigot?
    Did any ever get charged with sexual assault for grabbing a reporter's vajajay (oh, yes that was Trump)?
    Did any of them spend MORE THAN ALL THE PREVIOUS LEADERS COMBINED since the creation of the country? Oh, and in doing so, also report a GDP retraction, and record inflationary rate?
    Did any promise to cut greenhouse gases by 30% by now, but they are actually up by 10%, even though he imposed a carbon tax that raised the price of gas about 50% ... and none of that money did anything to fight climate change?

I can keep going on, if you'd like. Just because it worked out okay in the past, doesn't mean it will this time.  We are dealing with the absolute worst leader this country has every seen, and people are already dealing with the consequences of that ... it's not speculation, the pain is already being inflicted.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget his ridiculous gun control legislation that will do nothing to curb gun crime and just penalizes legitimate gun owners. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I'm just sharing what I've seen in my lifetime.  Since I started voting 41 years ago, I've heard that level of rhetoric about every US president -- Democrats and Republicans alike.  People always say "this time is different -- he's the worst ever, and this time we really are doomed."  The political hyperbole is as predictable as the sunrise.  
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    @MarkB said:

"Did any ever get caught supporting a "charity" and getting kick backs (WE charity closed)?"

I saw those WE Charity (Kielburger brothers) at a conference I was at couple years ago. They were the guest speakers. (supposedly inspirational)

Big bunch of garbage. My wife & I walked out shaking our heads. Big bunch of scammers.....took me about 1 min to suss it out. Obviously, gov't employees are a bit more gullible,

Went to the beach instead.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    LaRea said:
    I'm just sharing what I've seen in my lifetime.  Since I started voting 41 years ago, I've heard that level of rhetoric about every US president -- Democrats and Republicans alike.  People always say "this time is different -- he's the worst ever, and this time we really are doomed."  The political hyperbole is as predictable as the sunrise.  
    The facts don’t match the rhetoric though. That’s the issue we have today and there I have reached 10000 posts and with LaRea is special 🥸
  • Options
    BOOM!  Ten thou, congratulations @Handymans342!  
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Congrats @Handymans342 on your 10,000th post. You nipped me out by 9550 posts.
  • Options
    Well I have enjoyed all 10G 
  • Options
    We have enjoyed 9500 of them.   :D  
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    @Handymans342 it's more than that. Remember yanmar screen name?  Congratulations bro
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    @Handymans342 it's more than that. Remember yanmar screen name?  Congratulations bro
    RinkerYan. Can you look that up??
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    raybo3 said:
    RinkerYan. Can you look that up??

Would rather not relive RinkerYan! :smiley:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    RinkerYan is long gone and never to be heard from again....... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have enjoyed all 10G 
    You talk a lot ....

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10G .....you got PAID 10 Gs? or do you mean all 10K. Handy you're losing it. Just sayin'