Options

Rinker 360 with Mercruiser 496 twins with Bravo 3's

Thinking my adjusting my bravo 3 tilt trim limit pin to get a benefit from having the bushing in the trim max-in position as is standard with the Bravo I. My boat seams to be riding bow high and I have to add trim with the tabs to keep the bow down unless I'm in the upper engine rpms. I believe I will be able to have a much better ride and even lower my cruise speed and rpm. any thoughts or anyone with a similar situation?

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    The issue is weight balance.  Try moving weight to towards the bow, or adding ballast at the bow.  On my 370 (same hull and power as yours), I added 30 feet of chain to the anchor rode.  I also put another 30 feet of chain in the forward locker as ballast.  It made a big difference.  

Whenever I'm taking a long cruise, I store heavy items such as coolers up in the bow.
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    After talking with alot of people, I was told Rinker designed the boats so the bravo three engines trim in inserts are in the Bravo one two (forward position). This would make total sense in what is happening on my vessel. Someone after servicing the drive, (before I purchased it I do all my own work).

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    The issue is weight balance.  Try moving weight to towards the bow, or adding ballast at the bow.  On my 370 (same hull and power as yours), I added 30 feet of chain to the anchor rode.  I also put another 30 feet of chain in the forward locker as ballast.  It made a big difference.  

Whenever I'm taking a long cruise, I store heavy items such as coolers up in the bow.
    Can you check and send picture of what position your link trim in insert is?
    Thanks

• Options
    Looks like the insert is in the forward position.  (Drives painted with silver primer before anti-fouling paint.)

• Options
    LaRea said:
    Looks like the insert is in the forward position.  (Drives painted with silver primer before anti-fouling paint.)

Thanks in this position (not normal for B3 drive But supports what I was told) it will defiantly bring the bow down to a much better position for cruising and efficiency.

LaRea said:

• Options
    Okay, I found one other thread that shows the same position being used on a couple of 400s.  Definitely change the position of the insert.

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/142200#Comment_142200
  • Options