Options

Mobile Vessel View

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking on line and I can get the mobile version for 195 bucks...how do I know if my 2005 will work? It says 2004 and up but....

Comments

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    @rasbury 2005 should definitely be smart craft compatible. If you have the original flame arrest or cover it should be marked with smart craft label. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And (I believe) if you go to the Mercruiser parts website and punch in your engine serial number it'll confirm if compatible.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Sweet, thanks guys. I don't recall seeing that on the cover...boat is 05 but that does not mean the engine is and I think 04 is the cutoff....so this will pull engine codes too correct?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I believe its 2002 and up. You will be fine @rasbury
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep.  Mine is a late model 2002 and it works
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is 2002, engines 2002 and have SC. Look on top towards the stren port side near the relays for the plug.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    There are a couple of plugs there (I think 2) and assume that is where you would hook up diagnostics computers to...which I guess what vessel view really is....i will probably spring for it.
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    This is the plug you need to find, it's at the right rear of engine. Depending on where you mount the module you will need extension cables.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Yep, that looks familiar.  But now it's starting to sound like work. So it is powered through the plug right? And where the heck on the extension?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hardest part was mounting the unit. I ended up Ty wrapping it to the harness on the back of the engine room. It is plug and play. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Are you single engine? I think there are posts on the cables needed. I'm dual and the set up is different. You might be able to plug in the module to that plug if you want to keep it in the engine compartment.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @rasbury - This is a super easy install...don't be intimidated.  No extension cables needed..just the VVM device.  The one additional thing you will need is the yellow terminator plug.  That's it.  Plug it all in and done.  I found a place on top of the engine to zip tie the VVM module.

New Mercury Mercruiser Quicksilver Oem Part # 859318B 1 Terminator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N6DHO5M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_PA7N3TG7EP1S3VJDH5XQ

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I put this on my 270 yep really easy and it worked great the one thing I didn't like every time I shut the motor off then restarted it I had to reconnect to the VV to  bluetooth every time, now that you have the hatch fixed get the VV for the dash and get rid of all the guages 
  • Options
    Thanks as always rinker crew- have been at the marina for almost 3 months..no trips- took tomorrow off and weather is awesome!
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Single engine is very simple, plug and play.  Twins is trickier and $ with more cables and junction box.  Download free app to phone or iPad to view.  Mine never has problem hooking up through blue tooth when engine turned on.   And module is located in ER, iPad at helm.