Twitter: Spectacular meltdown in progress, thoughts?

13»

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree David.  These politicians are not rock stars they are supposed to Covent the constitution and do what is ight for the country.  Seems most are in it for themselves- and social media's have given them a new platform to do it. There should again be truth requirements, some sort of accountability for what is thrown out in the world. Would help with the trust factor. My main interest in social media is boats and boobies but not always in that order. The rest is no more than entertainment from politicians. Those politicians with the most noise are certainly not the ones I trust for facts. I like results that help all of us. A rising tide should always float all the boats.
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    I am with you @rasbury.  I basically shut down allmost all social media by unfollowing anyone that went on a political rant and followed every group i possibly could that had to do with boobs, bikinis, boats, dogs and thats about it.  Be curious.  Question.  Develop critical thinking skills.  That is the mantra i push to my kids.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    For those who haven't looked into Ye's banning, he was on Alex Jones saying crap even Alex Jones wouldn't say.  I couldn't turn it off because it was such an unbelievable dumpster fire.  I won't go into details on what was said but it was well over the top.

He was also letting Alex Jones use his account to tweet live on air.

• mbnarneymbnarney Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    boobs, bikinis, boats, dogs and that's about it. ++++. 
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    I LIKE BOATS.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Guys guys what are we doing here? Can't you see what politics did to this forum a few months ago? We lost some members and now its starting again? Let's drop the crap with politics. There are plenty other forum for that. Lets keep it to boating. If you don't like it just let me know and I will delete your account. It's that simple. Oh by the way if anyone just wants to keep the crap going, well you make my choice easy........ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't like it?  I don't think anyone is forcing a single person to read this thread the last time I checked.   
    And certain people left this forum, because they got CENSORED.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    Don't like it?  I don't think anyone is forcing a single person to read this thread the last time I checked.   
    And certain people left this forum, because they got CENSORED.  
    AMEN
    edited December 2022
    I've found most online forums are a democracy but only one vote counts.  Agree or disagree on politics, I still think all of you are cool.  

Growing up with a half Irish Catholic Democrat and half tarheel southern Baptist Republican families, this forum is much like a childhood family Christmas dinner.  In a good way.  
    Elon just released a massive amount of information and labeled it Twitterfiles.  Definite proof the Government colluded with Big tech, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok & major news outlets. 
    Exposing our Government for the scumbags that they ARE.  Definitely going to trigger some major backlash against him somehow. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    And still the noise continues……

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• mbnarneymbnarney Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    @PickleRick, Sounds like my family. I had an uncle that was an Irish Catholic Priest, and a hard rock Baptist grandmother who swore he was worshiping statutes. Goes to show we are more alike than we are different. Mike
    Lake_Bum said:
    Elon just released a massive amount of information and labeled it Twitterfiles.  Definite proof the Government colluded with Big tech, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok & major news outlets. 
    Exposing our Government for the scumbags that they ARE.  Definitely going to trigger some major backlash against him somehow. 
    That boils it down to the real issue, not the distraction of Elon kicking YE back off Twitter for being an idiot.  

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boats, boats,  boats 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    Elon's just wankin' your crank.....don't fall for it. He's just trying to prop up the big turd he spent $44 Billion on....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m out…
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Willhound said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    Elon's just wankin' your crank.....don't fall for it. He's just trying to prop up the big turd he spent $44 Billion on....
    I guess we'll see eh?   There's a certain laptop in question, that a certain person has managed to sweep under the rug in question, that is being exposed.  If it gets exposed.....some of those precious walls will begin to crumble. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
    edited December 2022
    Willhound said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    While it's always good to keep an open mind this is a good subject to be skeptical on.   I'm sure you've already heard Zuckerberg on Joe Rogans podcast admitting Facebook was keeping the Biden laptop news off the platform at the request of the FBI.    

Smith-mund act.  In 2013 the united states repealed law banning propaganda in the news.   When you only have a few companies owning the major news outlets this can become an issue.    

The best example of this is the famous CNN interview of a man at a "fiery but mostly peaceful" protest.    You can literally see the city burning in the background. 

The media has no legal obligation to report unbiased truthful news.  

The government wouldn't have repealed laws banning propaganda if they didn't have a need for it.  

This entire Twitterfiles scandal is being completely ignored by the Media.....SHOCKER!  And guess what......Trump was RIGHT!  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    edited December 2022
    well, if this topic here keeps the politic crap off ALL of the actual boating posts, then I’m all for it.  I’m with @raybo3,  the minute it starts up on boat topics, I’ll erase it!  People have the right to start a topic of boat stuff without being bombarded of politics. 
    I have never wasted my time signing up on any Facebook, LinkedIn, or whatever else there is.  I could care less about what other people are doing in or with their life, let alone stupid people in the spotlight like Elon or ye (whoever the heII that is! - no need to explain cause I won’t waste the time).

Enough said, enjoy!
    Post edited by raybo3 on

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

edited December 2022
    LinkedIn in not a social media site like Facebook or Twitter. 

It is a pretty good network for consultation gigs, work recruiting, finding work, sharing resumes, etc.  I'm sure more than that but that's about the extent I looked into it after being recommend to check it out years ago.

Kind of useless in my line of work but if I were in something like advertising where good networking could give you an advantage of a foot already in the door, it's certainly something I'd look into.   

My idea of bikini babes mobile car and boat wash was shut down by the admiral.  I was going to help Clemson university co ed students find summer work, you know, help give back to the community. 

So I have no use for LinkedIn. No good deed goes unpunished.

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PickleRick would you have had to wear a bikini to supervise??😜
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Willhound said:
    @PickleRick would you have had to wear a bikini to supervise??😜
     Not a good mental image for anyone on this forum! ,😂
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boatman37 said:
    And now Elon has called out Tim Cook after Apple has threatened to pull the Twitter app from their app store cause Elon refuses to censor the right. Musk has said if Apple pulled the Twitter app then he will create his own cell phone company. Coming from anyone else I'd call it a bluff but Musk would do it just out of principle
    Musk has been thinking of making a cellphone for years actually. I don't think he is bluffing. He just needs enough motivation to do it.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"