Options

Might sell the 370

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
edited February 2023 in General Boating Discussions
I might list La Rea for sale in the next couple weeks.  Before I do, I'm inviting potential buyers here on the forum to contact me with any interest.  
Among long-time forum members, the boat enjoys a bit of celebrity.  For newer members:

If not now, then she'll be on the market next spring as part of a long-term plan to go bigger.  The irony now is that I just invested $5k in offseason upgrades (Hill props and helm electronics).  The next owner will enjoy them, whether it's now or next year.  

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, getting scared...bigger what? 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    You may change your mind once you take her for a ride with those Hill Props! :smile:

Hard to believe you may be getting rid of her.  I've known that boat since new.  If anyone could take care of that boat as good as you, it may have been the previous owner.  Maybe I'll get to the know the next owner as well.  Good luck that next bigger boat!  If you need someone to help you drive it home, let me know!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's tough to sell and have to be boatless until the next one. We are also looking at bigger to be able to exit the Columbia and head north to the San Juan Islands. Maybe later summer I'll consider selling and see what happens. 

What type of boats are you looking into? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    If I leave the Admiral boatless for any length of time, I'll land in the hospital for sure.   :)  I'll buy the next one first, and then sell this one.  

Of course, this is all just talk until I sign a contract.  If I do, I'll share details here for sure. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking of selling my 342 also but then going smaller.  Moving to a place on the water has changed my boating habits.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I am thinking of selling my 342 also but then going smaller.  Moving to a place on the water has changed my boating habits.

I've seen many people that move to a place on the water downsize to more day boats.  Hopefully you were able to keep the couple that were on your lot when you bought the place.  Before you sell, you need to come around the corner and anchor with us in Harness creek.   Or better yet, make it up to Rinkervous!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Is this another "I've run out of mods to complete and places to clean" rinker sale?    Stupid clean boat...need a new one to start over!  
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn I definitely want to meet up.  As to the boats that were here...they are gone.  The PO daughter took them.  That is a story that is going to need to be told over drinks.  This is the first winter i haven't done a major project on the 342.  In April i am going to pull it out, paint the bottom and replace zincs then bring it home.  Between now and then though i am planning on trying my hand at rebuilding my bulkhead.  So if you hear a news article about a guy and an excavator that ended up in the water you will know who they are talking about.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    @PickleRick, right you are!  Nothing left to do but go fishing with that super-cool 3D sonar system.  
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    The next owner will certainly be getting a well kept boat that is truly turn key(how rare is that???).   The only surprise they have coming for them is the amount of work it takes to keep a boat looking that clean.    

The sonar system is amazing.  It's almost cheating 
  • Options
    Well, the end is near for my 20 years as a Rinker owner.  Today we put our dream boat under contract!  I'll share details after we close the deal.  

We spent the weekend taking "glamour shots" of the 370 to put her on the market.  It's a day of mixed emotions for sure.  
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 865 ✭✭✭
    A year of change for you too, not easy letting go of something you have put your life and soul into. But life goes on and your new boat and cruising plans will consume you, it is for us. Hope to be in Norfolk early May and catching up with our new one for visuals. Maybe see you then, congratulations on your new venture.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it Glamour Shots By Deb? 😂 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more teasers, time for the deets!!  ;)
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Will take the liberty on everyone's behalf and say don't ditch us!
  • Options
    @rasbury you are kind.  As long as you guys will have me, I'll be a regular here. 

@Liberty44140 I won't count a chicken until it hatches and sets up its own LLC.  Give me a week or two, and let's see what happens. 

This is a major "inflection point" in our lives.  Joking aside, I am setting up an LLC for the boat.  Also scheduling surveys and haulout, buying insurance, dealing with shipping, scheduling flights, and a doing hundred other things.  Might be easier if I was retired, but I love my Day Job more than ever.  

When the ad for the 370 is up, I'll post a link.