Options

Batteries discharging

2»

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn I will check parts for mine but I don't recall my mounting looking like that but it's been a while..
  • Options
    Once I got to the boat it took me 30 minutes and I had it in my hand so not bad. Keep in mind tge beam on the 270 is a little over nine feet- with one motor so I'm sure a lot more room to work. A little bigger beam with two motors...who knows!  Maybe my local auto parts can test it...
  • Options
    I took it down to O'Reilly auto parts and I think tested it? He was looking for some numbers on the starter to I assume look up some specs to test it and there was not a readable number- so he fumbled with his computer, off he went. I will google testing procedures but if there is a short version...he came back with it, he said he hit it with some juice and it spun. I'm not sure that was the "test" I was looking for? He did show me the positive post had a bit of a wiggle to it on the selonoid so I'm guessing that could possibly be losing connection and be my problem. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I would just replace it 
  • Options
    Thanks @GMSLITHO . I agree as there is no sense of putting it back in to further test. Something does not seem good about it- and it's out. I had cleaned all the battery connections. I recently had the panel with the battery switch off chasing a trim electrical issue and it was all super clean. @PickleRick suggested checking those items. The battery's were super clean too- I just polished them up. The connection at the solenoid seemed fine other than the post having a wiggle to it. It's the factory one from 007 so....