Rinker 280 Sold and gone 😔 NEW BOAT! 😁

Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Rinker Marketplace & Classifieds
Looks like the time has come for an upgrade and time to sell my boat. Seller of the boat we are looking at accepted our offer so now the work begins and I get to do a Larea type trip. Boat is in the Puget Sound so we will have to make the 300 mile journey around the Olympic Peninsula and up the Columbia River. 

I made a post in the Rinker forum yesterday but still need to get pictures and make a proper listing for a few of the selling websites. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/33787795425/permalink/10159063916205426/?mibextid=Nif5oz

If I remember right Larea said make sure they offer to send a check for more than asking and only reply to emails that have no name attached 😂

1997 Bayliner 3988
Post edited by Aqua_Aura on

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's correct, they will send you a bigger check than your asking price, then send someone to pick it up. Also respond to all inquires 1500 -2000 miles from you. They are real buyers.

Good luck.
    Boat Name : 

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sale @Aqua_Aura ! Excited to see what’s next ⚓️.
    2008 330EC
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an actual response I received for a boat for sale price was $49,900. Scammers are everywhere.

Thanks for your response. The first email was sent by my friend that helped me to make an inquiry since I am new to purchasing things online. Please note that I suffer from hearing loss so I primarily communicate via email and I will greatly appreciate your understanding of that.

Sadly, I am unable to meet with you before purchase because I work really long weeks, but I am fine with the price and condition as shown on the ad. I will issue you a check and arrange pickup after you receive the payment and it clears, so please let me know the following details as soon as possible.

Full name :
    Physical Address (Only, not po box):
    City, State, Zip:
    Your cell Phone Number:
    Deal Price:

As soon as this is provided, payment will be overnight to you through FedEx next day delivery and I will let you know the tracking number of the package. I will also add an additional $500 for keeping other buyers off till my check gets to you, also please delete the posting or mark as sold.

Thanks, and I hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hearing from you
    Boat Name : 

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    The first time I have seen that scam was in 2012 when I was selling a welder on Craigslist. Fortunately I am not pleasant with people unless I actually speak to them on the phone then meet in person. Until that happens your emails and messages are meaningless unless your first message is yes I'm interested please call me at #.... 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    This is an actual response I received for a boat for sale price was $49,900. Scammers are everywhere.

Thanks for your response. The first email was sent by my friend that helped me to make an inquiry since I am new to purchasing things online. Please note that I suffer from hearing loss so I primarily communicate via email and I will greatly appreciate your understanding of that.

Sadly, I am unable to meet with you before purchase because I work really long weeks, but I am fine with the price and condition as shown on the ad. I will issue you a check and arrange pickup after you receive the payment and it clears, so please let me know the following details as soon as possible.

Full name :
    Physical Address (Only, not po box):
    City, State, Zip:
    Your cell Phone Number:
    Deal Price:

As soon as this is provided, payment will be overnight to you through FedEx next day delivery and I will let you know the tracking number of the package. I will also add an additional $500 for keeping other buyers off till my check gets to you, also please delete the posting or mark as sold.

Thanks, and I hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hearing from you
    What?
    Getting closer.... Scheduled survey and sea trial for June 2nd. Had to get all 3 schedules coordinated, the marinas lift schedule and then two surveyors. Many things can go wrong now to make this not happen but we are hopeful everything will work out. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    Well I am officially without a boat. Sale was finalized today. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Congratulations on your sale. 
    Congratulations @Aqua_Aura 🍾⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to my world … for the next couple weeks, I have two boats, but really no boats at all. 

Congrats!
    We are supposed to close on the new one next week. These boats ran parallel in the selling/buying process. Good feeling to have the extra money and no boats before I write the check for the new one. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @Aqua_Aura congratulations on both counts. Best of luck with your new float. 

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just browsing boat trader,  are 270's selling fo 40 grand  2005 Era? We plaid 31 almost 8 years ago?
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura congrats!  It’s an exciting time for you.
    rasbury said:
    I was just browsing boat trader,  are 270's selling fo 40 grand  2005 Era? We plaid 31 almost 8 years ago?
    Seems like 35-40 wouldn't be unreasonable for a good one. 🤔

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Welcome to my world … for the next couple weeks, I have two boats, but really no boats at all. 

Congrats!
    I’ll be in that position in a few weeks but with 2 houses…. (Well 3 if you count the one back in Sydney)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! Congratulations!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 199 ✭✭
    Looks great. Congrats
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right, that is a ton of space for 40 feet.  Nice step up -- congrats!
    I also really like the door next to the bridge ladder for entering the engine room. We have to move it from Seattle to Port Angeles within a few days and the weather is not cooperating. I got a slip for a few months in Port Angeles then we'll bring it to the Columbia for its permanent moorage. 

Can't wait to start removing all the previous owners stuff and upgrading electronics, lightning, interior etc. Everything is on board they basically are done with boating and everything on board goes with it. Lots of expensive spare parts and even clothes still in the closet 😂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
    Nice upgrade. Congratulations 
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Details on the propulsion!!!!  Hinos?   For some reason I'm a huge fan of the Bayliner motor yachts!    
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    That's awesome congratulations 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Great looking boat!  Definitely hard to believe it's only a 40' boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

edited December 2023
    Very nice @Aqua_Aura ! ! Congratulations!⚓️
    Show us pics of your new clothes 😂
    2008 330EC
    @PickleRick it has 6BTA 250hp. After doing extensive research these are actually 315hp engines but I believe "defueled" at Bayliner request to 250hp. They are CPL 1613 and the CPL 1928 are the 315hp. I doubt I will ever change it but I believe the injector pump can be turned up and possibly change the injectors. Either way only running 250 on a 315 engine is good for lifespan, currently 1400hrs. 

@aero3113 My wife found a sweet rain jacket that is very vintage looking 😂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    Awesome! LoL
    2008 330EC
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Cummins! Even better...engine parts from the Dodge dealer for a serious savings! By far my favorite marine engine and you're correct, if you're not pushing them at max hp they last an insanely long amount of time.