Options

Time to sell

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
Well I finished up the repairs, normal maintenance and got the ol gal all cleaned up.  I have it listed on Boattrader, boats.com, FB and CL.  So far i have only gotten nuisance inquiries from brokers on facebook.  Not listed the cheapest in the neighborhood but with all the upgrades and replacements i feel the price is warranted.  The listing is here if you know of anyone that is looking.  Used 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342, 21403 Annapolis - Boat Trader 
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That painted blue hull is a show stopper. Beauty!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have her looking good, best of luck.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    As nice as it is should sell easy. Beautiful boat
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Good-looking boat!  I think the price tag is right where it should be.  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be in very good condition. Best of luck.

How much higher are you then the alternatives?  The market will obviously dictate the price, and interest rates are going to be the big concern right now.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB If i do a search on Boattrader for Rinkers 34-37 ft within 200 miles i get 8 boats. The cheapest is a 2004 342 for $58k, then another for $70k.  They are all in good condition but very basic.  Then there are two 2009 Rinkers out there.  A 2009 340 for $88k wtih a hard top and a 2009 360 with a hard top for $135k.  IMO it is all about emotions.  People are either going to be sold by the paint and upgrades or they are going to want to just look at the cheapest and newest. 
  • Options
    Just got my first scammer inquiry. I hate those people.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a stand up shower? If so, you need a better picture of that..
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks well cared for @davidbrooks 👍🏻👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I don't want to jinx it but i am pretty sure i found a new owner.  We still have to do the survey and agree on other items but its looking good.  The best compliment ever was when she told me the boat looked better in person than in the pics.  During the second visit they asked me to fire up the engines.  Sure, no problem.  I go to fire them up and the new engine won't start. Almost sounded like a weak battery or the starter wouldn't engage.  It did finally start after a very long 1-2 minutes but i felt pretty foolish.  Talking about how great everything was and then this.  I keep trying to recreate the problem to diagnose but now that no one is looking it just fires right up.
  • Options
    Excellent -- stuff happens at sea trial, but a good buyer will understand.  
  • Options
    First sale fell through, but a second buyer came along a week later.  Great couple that is picking up the boat and driving her home Wednesday.  They will be docked in Aquia, VA so will need to go to the base of the Chesapeake and then up the Potomac.  Long ride but to be honest I am a little envious.  It is a good feeling when someone brings over a marine mechanic and they can't find anything wrong.  He recommended putting in a high water alarm which makes sense.  I had previously just simply upgraded and replaced the bilge pump.  The only other item was a recommended raw water strainer.  This was due to how shallow my dock was at the time. I understand the logic but i have never heard of this on an engine.  I am not sure it would be better or not.  They are coming over Wednesday to take the boat.  It is going to be a little weird to see someone else behind the wheel. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    That is great news David!  I'm sure it will be a little different looking out and not seeing your boat at the dock, but peace of mind knowing someone else will now be enjoying it!  Keep in touch on the forum!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I have a raw water strainer on my 270- I have a seacock as well as the pickup through the foot. Good luck on your next adventure!
  • Options
    Bracebridge is a picturesque sleepy town. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    What drive is on the boat I had a chris craft with a OMC king cobra couldn't find parts for it 
  • Options
    It is a Mercruiser 454 and Bravo 3. So i should be right at home with it.  I contemplated a few with Volvo setups but this one seemed to be the best option for me. 380 hp should make this 25 ft boat move pretty well.
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    Looks like a great boat. Good luck with the trip. Can't wait to hear more.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful boat @davidbrooks ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Agree, the boat has beautiful lines.  I'll be interested to hear how the build quality compares between ChrisCraft and Rinker.  
  • Options
    You could buy a 26 foot Captiva of similar vintage for about half the money. My guess is there is no comparison. The Corsair is a beautiful boat and doesn’t look near it’s age. 
  • Options
    @YYZRC trust me i thought long and hard about that. In the end i got a really good price and the engine looks brand new (160 hrs).  It has spent it's entire life in fresh water as "the other boat" for people that just want a nice little boat to take them to their bigger boat. I was told that most boat owners in this area keep their boats in boat houses so that saves a lot on wear and tear from the sun.  There was a 2013 Captiva i was seriously considering.  Beautiful boat.  I just have always really loved the clean lines on this one,  When you see one in person the quality of the chrome, teak, etc is pretty amazing.  

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    here is the 268 Chris Craft  concept I had great boat was really fast to get up on plane and rode really nice when the drive went (cone clutch ) it was time to move on Thats when I bought the 270 and actually the guy who bought my 270 three years ago just emailed me and told me he was selling it he's looking to get $23000 for it 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    It is a Mercruiser 454 and Bravo 3. So i should be right at home with it.  I contemplated a few with Volvo setups but this one seemed to be the best option for me. 380 hp should make this 25 ft boat move pretty well.
    @davidbrooks those Corsairs are beautiful. I’m surprised it doesn’t have a 8.1L considering it is an 2008 boat.
    Keep us updated. Bracebridge is a great place to visit. 
    If you need a place to stay overnight nearby….the Marriott in Gravenhurst is awesome.
    (Lots of parking for trailers)
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    @davidbrooks I ran into the same issue on my f150....I have a 2006 crew lariat which was in decent shape but the 6.4 had the timing chain rattle so it was a matter of time..trucks in that shape in fl were 15 grand, late model were almost window sticker. And I was in thewent  car business for 30 years. Before I left the Ford dealership I was at, I put a new motor, trans, all the coolers, shocks, rotors and bearings for 10 grand- which was a deal as am employee. I went to katskins for a new interior and a paint job so for 15 grand I did pretty well.
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    We have decided to sell our Crownline too and get out of boating. Season is too short and too expensive up here to justify it. Have hardly used it the last 2 years.
  • Options
    Up north ya really got to want it- winterize, storage ...fl there is not a lot to do in the winter but boat. Not like we ice fish much around here.
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @boatman37  Not sure where you are located, but in Nova Scotia this year we have had the wettest summer in 50 years. I have only been out 6 times this season and by the end of August the air starts cooling down fast. I've only burned 40 gallons of fuel to date. I'm on my last boat, but my investment is small and my annual fixed cost(storage, ramp pass, insurance, winterizing is only $1400cdn so it's still manageable. Short season boating  I understand well....it's July and August here and a bit of September. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here on Lake Erie we spend 60-70 nights a year aboard the boat. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)