Live de Life on the Great Loop

2»

Comments

• Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    I also just submitted a request for the facebook page.  I love following ALL things boating!  ~  Travis 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg @Lake_Bum You should now be able to connect. 
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    Faro Blanco in marathon is a great marina
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year, all the best for 2024

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,722 mod
    Thanks for checking in.  I guess mechanical issues are all part of the adventure, but you had an exciting day dealing with the dinghy out there in the middle of the Gulf!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,652 mod
    Wow, you have a had a lot going on for sure!  Glad to hear you are enjoying the new dinghy.  Would love to buy you a drink or three while you are in the Chesapeake, especially a stop in Annapolis is a must!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update, definitely sounds like an adventure!⚓️
    2008 330EC
    @LaRea, very traumatic for the admiral , put the boat on autopilot heading into the waves,  on the swim platform with her holding me, attaching the tow line. We had our life jackets on but I should have attached a lifeline to me.
    @Dream_Inn, we plan on stopping in Annapolis for a couple of days, look forward to meeting you. 
    @Grahamu please let me know!  The admiral and I would definitely love to hear some stories!  I’ll PM my cell number.

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    @Grahamu let me know as you head up the Hudson north and perhaps we can catch up on a stop.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

@Ian, will do, it will be early June
    Well, I gotta say it was sure nice meeting up with Graham and Socha this past weekend as they made a stop thru Annapolis.  Got to have a drink on the boat (what a great boat!  Love the nice size bridge area) and then out for dinner and drinks at Pusser's right on ego alley.  Definitely some great people and the admiral is a even more excited about longer cruises!  She was even able to help out yesterday getting them reloaded with some groceries and drinks.

Was really cool sitting on their boat and all of a sudden Socha turns her head and knows the boat coming right thru ego alley.  It was friends on another looper.  Amazing how many loopers there are out there!

Good luck @Grahamu and hope you have a great finish to your loop and crossing your wake!

I'm so sorry to have missed it!  I'm sure Graham and Socha can relate to this: with just a few weeks before we start our Loop, everything's happening at 100 miles an hour.  Graham, I just hope I can catch up to you in Canada!
    @Dream_Inn, Sacha and I both thank you for your hospitality and help in Annapolis. We hope someday to be able to return the favor when in our area of Canada. Good to know you might now do some extended cruising. Meeting loopers, tracking them and messaging them on Nebo, new and old, is a daily experience and one that Sacha excels in.
    @LaRea, we had 4 weeks to get ready for this adventure and there have been times when we wondered if that was wise but we have managed to overcome those downtimes and the experience of seeing new waterways, landscapes and docktails soon make you forget them. I have followed your posts on your new Loop boat and the time you have spent will pay off in spades. We will be spending the summer in Georgian Bay and the North Channel so we will definitely cross paths if that is your intended route. If you have the Nebo transponder we will track your progress or on AIS.
    Safe boating 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🍾
    What a great story to tell! ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 253 ✭✭
    What an accomplishment.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
    Congratulations ... it seems like you just started, and now you've gone Gold!  We're still a couple weeks from launching our wake, but we'll be in your neighborhood as soon as we can get there.  Tell your bride we look forward to meeting her!
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you like Myrtle Beach?  My little sister and I used to run around on the boardwalk all the time as young as 12-13 by our selves at night. Sometimes we'd walk there, miles from the campground we were staying in. 

Now when I visit the area i stay clear of the boardwalk.   I'll go to pawleys Island, garden City or Murrell's inlet.  

Too many shootings down there on a regular basis to visit the "strip".  Used the be a huge family friendly destination. 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Here's the question though ... would you do it again?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

So glad to hear you crossed your wake!  Hopefully you had that special bottle you were saving for that moment!  Was so nice talking with you both & learning even more.  Enjoy your summer in Georgian bay!  I love seeing the statistics as well.

@PickleRick, never went to the beach or boardwalk, we were there a year ago on a road trip. @MarkB, we have been asked that question numerous times and if we continue cruising next year, with a different boat, we would not do the river system again. We have a lot of good memories and are glad we did it. We would instead cruise down the East Coast to the Keys and cross to the Bahamas, leaving mid September from Georgian Bay.