Options

Liveaboard possibility #3?

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
Taking a look this AM.

Owner says paint is good for 1 more year, generator turns over but doesn't start. Ice maker no good and fridge light doesnt work. 

I asked him about A/C, any leaks at all, engines, water system, electric, he says all good. 

Post edited by J3ff on

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be in great shape for a 1988 in south Florida. Nice amount of space for 37’. Of course ice maker and fridge light are no big deal and on a boat this age the genny is 50/50 anyway. Something for you to chip away at to see if you get lucky. Question will be how are the main engines. What will a dock cost per month for that in the keys?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    edited January 4
    Looks to be in great shape for a 1988 in south Florida. Nice amount of space for 37’. Of course ice maker and fridge light are no big deal and on a boat this age the genny is 50/50 anyway. Something for you to chip away at to see if you get lucky. Question will be how are the main engines. What will a dock cost per month for that in the keys?
    The current owner is paying 400/month. Not to say the guy wont jack the rate sky high for me. That is something I mentioned will make the deal either go through or not work out. He said he was going to talk to the marina manager about it. 

Claim's main engines are good and fire right up. 

We'll see! 
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.  I know you've been on the hunt for a LONG time!  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Pictures look good.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    It does look pretty sweet, and definitely livable for a bargain price.  Listing it with dirty laundry in the photos suggests a lack of give-a-schitt, but maybe his mechanical skills are better than his advertising skills.  Hoping for a good outcome!
  • Options
    Think I'm probably going to pass. Maybe if he drops the price. It's a nice enough boat, just not 100% my style. LOTS of wasted space up on the bow and not enough windows, it's a little dreary and dark inside. 
  • Options
    Hmmm, interesting how things can change based on price. Another buyer came by and low balled him.. seller said he'd rather I take it. I offered 17k, which is above the low ball offer, was impressed the seller actually told me the offer. This may just pan out. Thinking about it as a floating apartment.. not even sure I care to take it out.. will probably buy a much smaller boat to go run around in. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love a fly, great living room when you walk in from the back deck and the back deck is a nice patio! As far as it being dark, it’s pretty darn dark when you go down below on a express cruiser!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3717321365255991/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

I think this would be a perfect live aboard for single /couple if it had an enclosure over the rear fishing...er....lounging area. 

Not a fan of gassers.  
  • Options
    I love a fly, great living room when you walk in from the back deck and the back deck is a nice patio! As far as it being dark, it’s pretty darn dark when you go down below on a express cruiser!
    Smaller vessels refer to this area as a stabbin cabin 
  • Options
    Well we have a hand shake. Hopefully no one comes in and sneaks it out from under me!! Meeting the seller sometime this week with a check. 
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Congrats on deal. Are you going to sell your Rinker?
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    Don't want to jinx the deal, but I hope it works out -- we'll have something to talk about all winter!   :)  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    If I only had Facebook I could actually see the pictures!  Oh well, soon enough!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    @Dream_Inn - You should be able to see Facebook Marketplace ads (and pics) without being a FB member. I'm not a member and I can see everything in Marketplace. It's when you want to communicate with someone who has something you want that you'd need to join.
  • Options
    Thanks Tony, it did work.  I must’ve been thinking with my work phone it didn’t let me look.  Not sure, but I can see it.  Yeah, it’s doable for one or two people as a liveaboard in Florida 

• Options
    First night on the "new" used boat! Doesn't need a ton of things, just some lighting upgrades and a little something to get rid of the boat smell.. if it'd stop raining here a nice open window with a fan would take care of that! 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are dealing with the boat smell 🦨😂. We mostly got it as it's basically the forward bilge just never being maintained for smell. We cleaned everything in the boat and for the bilge we dumped the orange bilge cleaner in there and my wife scrubbed everything with cleaners. We used the cans of tea tree infused wax or whatever it is and that seems to be really helping. 

We also boat an ozone machine that we have been using on occasion when we leave the boat for the day and let it rune for 30-90 minutes which also makes a big difference. 

It just takes time ⌚
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Do you have any picture to post? I don't remember I saw the listing you had originally put up. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    yeah, I've actually already got an ozone generator. The guy is a pilot and said he only came down a couple times a month, but he left the dehumidifier on at least!! I cant put my foot on what the smell is.. just needs to be opened up and aired out. 

here's some pictures

Product photo of 1988 Egg Harbor 37 convertable

Product photo of 1988 Egg Harbor 37 convertableProduct photo of 1988 Egg Harbor 37 convertable

Product photo of 1988 Egg Harbor 37 convertable
  • Options
    Looks nice!! I like the lines and styling.  What's the brand and size? 

Good thing he had the dehumidifiers at least otherwise things can get really bad with mold and moisture especially where you're at. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Looks nice!! I like the lines and styling.  What's the brand and size? 

Good thing he had the dehumidifiers at least otherwise things can get really bad with mold and moisture especially where you're at. 
    It's this one exactly. https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1989-egg-harbor-37-convertible-9037580/ but not for that price. Paid 17k total, dockage is 650 a month all in. 
  • Options
    Good looking versatile boat. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Let me clarify, it's the exact same model.. but def not the same colors inside... the previous owner left a LOT of stuff on here.. going to take days to find it all. 
  • Options
    Man, that is great -- I'm happy for you, and I know you'll enjoy it!  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with it @J3ff , looks like it will be perfect for you. ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Looks like the boat from the sopranos,  I believe Stugots was the name.  That's a sweet boat.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks really cool, awesome bachelor pad right? Good luck-
  • Options
    Great looking boat Jeff!  I’ll be in Florida next week, too bad it’ll be further away. I’d have to visit!

• Options
    rasbury said:
    That looks really cool, awesome bachelor pad right? Good luck-
    Def worked out great and the price couldn't be beat. Now, do I keep the 270 or sell it? Oddly enough I crashed on the 270 last night and I'm here again tonight. The marina I have it at is the best one in the northern keys... as far as atmosphere goes.. so that's the majority of why I'm here.. Also have it setup just like I want it.. will spend some time tomorrow on the Egg working on her. Good thing the water is cold and the weather is no good, otherwise it'd be time to just take the Rinker out for some fun.