Liveaboard possibility #3?

13»

Comments

• Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited January 20
    J3ff said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    Much cheaper to FIX it, and probably pretty simple.  Refrigerators are actually pretty basic.   
    Ughhhh I dont even want to think about that. All the "repair kits" were 1000ish. 

At least check the power supply and make sure it's nothing basic.  If your fridge has a fan then check that too...very cheap to replace.
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC seems to work, AC doesn't. Verified the outlet works and that it is getting power to the circuit board... whatever is going on in the circuit board isn't doing what it needs to do. 

At this point it looks like a new circuit board, seeing prices from 75 to 200.. had a 100 dollar walmart gift card... this is pretty close to the same size, will just need a little wood trim or something. Didn't want to mess with replacing parts on a super old fridge and I will never need the DC side of it.. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Frigidaire-7-5-Cu-ft-Refrigerator-Platinum-Series-Stainless-Look-EFR780-6COM/2287982615

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense…
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t beat that price @J3ff ! 😳
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Found some rotted wood in the engine room rear wall! The transom is at least 6 feet to the rear from this wall, still no good! On the flip side, maybe this will provide the access to the pipe that's leaking, which is the white one against the wall there.. 

Up top, pushed my finger through it.. 

• Options
    edited January 21
    AC leak has been located.  :o

Video 1 https://photos.app.goo.gl/VDBaJ6g36WaS5spf7

Video 2 https://photos.app.goo.gl/c64PSA6aHYSrQ9qZ8

Ripped out some dead wood in the back of the engine room. This is the worst of the worst.. 

It does feel like it could possibly go to the fiber glass hull, in this picture the hull is on the other side of that pipe.

It also feels like it might go down to the bottom as well, but this was the easy part to pull out. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you'll get it straight-
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    That wood still has a few seasons left in it. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    edited January 26
    If it's wood rot, you have to work back until you find solid wood with no rot.  Otherwise, the rot will keep spreading.  Any wood that you can easily scrape away with a screwdriver has to go!  

I just went through a similar issue with my galley subfloor.  After I carved it back down to wood with no rot, I treated everything with a heavy dose of Varathane High Performance Wood Hardener.  Contrary to their marketing claims, it does not "add" strength.  But it does saturate and encapsulate the wood, so it will help arrest rot (assuming I fix the moisture issue).  

BTW you'll need good ventilation to use that product!
    Post edited by LaRea on