2014 Chesapeake Rinker Rendezvous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,549 mod

Ok, it's time to start talking about a big 'ole raft-up again this year!  This will be the 9th annual Chesapeake Rinker Rendezvous!  Again, for those that have thought about it, well, it's time to join in on the fun!  We already have a date, place, and a theme!  Yeah, on the ball this year.  Well, the theme was decided last year, the date was worked out last month with those travelling the furthest, and location, well, I went with our default (if someone wants different, please voice it!)

So, the theme....for those that have came know, this is important.  We have to work out the decorations, games, and most important - drinks, all to the theme.  Anyone care to remember what we decided last year??  Well, I guess I must not have too many Mai Tai's!  The theme is Mexican (Cinco De Mayo).  Hmmm, that's a tough one huh?  We already picked a little something at South of the Border last August for this year- but someone may have to first show us how to use it...not gonna spoil it though.

Ok, the date is gonna be July 17-21st & it will be at Still Pond (unless there objections).  We had one heck of a turnout last year and I’d love to see some more 310s and 270s out there, I know you guys are out there!  Heck, we’ve never had a 290 yet either or any of the newer 310s or 360s either.

Steve worked out a few nice gifts from the site that we got to hand out, maybe we can work that out as well again.  (fyi, the little key chain went over very well)

Here is a couple pics to get it going!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempting!  We usually don't make it that far north, but maybe we can make an exception this year!
  • seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi, We bought our 342 this fall and we will be there. We are in the north east river. Anyone close?

Thanks for a great site.

Tom

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,549 mod
    Great to hear Tom! Mark it on your calendar. We've been there every year, rain, shine, hot or cold. It's not too far away for you. I know of a few Rinker owners on the Sassafras. Can't think of any off-hand on NE river. A few of us may try to get on still pond earlier for a weekend, I'll let you know if we do.

• WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    We should make this year.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
    seadogs said:

Hi, We bought our 342 this fall and we will be there. We are in the north east river. Anyone close?

Thanks for a great site.

Tom

We are close by, in the Elk River. Hang out on the Bo mostly.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • riversideriverside Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    John it can't be 9 years Well you know the AQUA HOLIC'S will be there. Can't wait to stand around in the water having adult drinks Just can't remember finding any adults See ya soon with my 390 want a be 400
  • TietsortTietsort Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Wish we could but it's just a little far. Maybe when I retire.
    Yeah, those adult drinks bring out the kid in you! :D Hard to believe it's been 9 years since you had your nice shiny new 342 sitting on its bottom in the middle of the night & I get a tap tap tap on my hull in the early morning. :) Tiet, you can always rent a boat in the Chesapeake for the week and come up!

• Rinker_River_RatRinker_River_Rat Member Posts: 1
    Where is Still Pond located?
  • BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    map 23993 Cliff Drive Exd, Worton, MD 21678
    39.328588,-76.14255 23874 Kinnards Point, Worton, MD 21678 You can see near that long sandy point, it says churn creek. that is where we back up and anchor. That entire area is sandy and the water flows well between tides around that point making a nice lazy river area.

I'd say about an hour or so at 20kts. For me, out of the South River at ~30kts takes just over an hour, maybe hour & 15 min.

Well, I can say on a good day, I can get to Solomons in under an hour & a half. I can get to Still Pond in an hour and 15. So, if you went my speed, it be about 2 & a half for you. (take 15 min off for in/out of my river) I think you are about 45 miles from me by water & it's no more than 40 for me to SP. So, at your speed, total would be about 4 hours? But since you barely burn much fuel, what's time?? no big deal to come up for a great weekend and see a couple other diesel buddies too! ;)

• JIMCASSJIMCASS Member Posts: 6
    I bought my 360 a year ago and I'm a Rinker lover now, I'm on the C and D canal in DE and I would love to make the raft up this summer, can you please keep me posted on the details.
    360 Fiesta Vee "Cheap Thrill"
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RY: Raft offs are fun!  Fenders in place, lines from boat to boat, and every few boats with anchors out to hold the line (usually someone with a dinghy doing this).  Done right, the swim platforms line up to go from boat to boat.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    RY, we would just put you next to the other Diesel that runs his genny a lot. Not a problem at all. JimCass, definitely remember the date and put it on your calendar. We will be there no matter what on those days. Definitely a lot of fun! There are a couple of guys that come from your direction, some thru the canal (from NJ). Check out some pictures from our past raftups. & we are all Rinker lovers!

• explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    We will try and make it. We had fun last year. I posted a bunch of pictures on the 2013 Thread. 
    BTW: We are very close to the Northeast and C&D up the Elk with Weber. 

P.S. Those Diesel Gens do stink! LOL

Bella Sabrina II  370EC
    Dream inn, we'll be there, can't wait to get her back in the water where she belongs.
  • summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!  new here.   We are supposed to purchase a gently used 2001 rinker 310 on Friday.  It is a one owner, lift kept near middle river boat.  I have owned crownlines for the last 12 years, and now are moving into a cruiser.  I think we will make every attempt to make it up to still pond, as it isn't too far of a run for us. 

Any info anyone can share about pros/cons of the older 310s would be great.

thanks,

Craig

@summerx, welcome to the site!  My prior boat was a 2002 310 and we absolutely loved that boat!!  I knew that boat inside and out more than 5 years before we finally bought it (boated with friends that had 2000 310).  Owned it from 2006 - 2012 (in 2006 was the first Rinker Rendezvous I set up as well).  Gosh, I should keep a list of all my comments I've posted on the 310 as far as pros/cons.  In general though, you will be very happy with it! Most things are easy access to work on as well.  (you wouldn't happen to know the boat's current name?  Breadrunner?)

Definitely bring it to the Rendezvous!! 

@jimcass, hopefully you are in the water now!  Looking forward to seeing you there!

there isn't a name on it at this point.  I have read through the site extensively in the last week reading everything I can about the 310/312/320.  We had been looking at much newer/more expensive 320s and 342s.  My marina owner mentioned off the cuff about the guy looking to get out of boating.  we bought it over $20k below NADA and it included the 16K lb lift, which will save me money on storage each season.   I just couldn't say no....now to get the new canvas/carpet and detail taken care of an I will be ready to go.  I am selling my 2005 28' crownline this week....look forward to learning and contributing here in the future

You cannot go wrong with a lift!  I've had one for both my 310 and now 400 and I will never go back to a wet slip.  It really saves a lot  wear, no bottom paint, zincs last longer and you don't have to be concerned about tidal changes in your slip.  I will also recommend purchasing a good (Fisher is my choice) cover for the boat.  After building a PVC frame the first year, it goes on really easy and keeps the boat looking great (& ready in the spring).

Can't wait to meet up with and chat more!  Again, any particular questions, open a new topic & I'll be sure to help out!

Oh, new canvas, couple changes we had done.  Back zipper screen area, have it flipped around so the plastic rolls up & out of the way.  Back door and front center pieces, have zip off completely.  Screens, well we had an extra made to go in place of the front center that allowed air flow but keep bugs out.

I know of two other 310s in your area.  One is named 'BreadRunner'.  Brian & Laura, great to chat with & they goes to Still Pond quite a bit.  Other has a baby blue bottom.  That one is my old boat & another great family that enjoys her.  There's also a 390 Rinker on middle river with Diesels...Dave & Joyce (aka Riverside on this Forum, boat name Aquaholic).  Maybe you'll meet up with some of them!

32500, including the 16k lift which was refurbed with new motors, pulleys and cables last season. Also this years marina fees of 2k are paid. Has 5.0 BIII, e-80 radar/plotter, gen, ac. Not bad, right?
    Sounds like a good deal summerx!

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rendezvous makes me wish it was going to happen sooner, or my boat was still going to be on the bay in July. I am anxious to pick her up next Saturday in Middle River, MD and drag her back to Pittsburgh. The admiral wants her in the water ASAP. (I have to admit that I do too!!!)
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Does anybody have a rough idea how many boats will be there?
    Jim, hard to say, but we typically have a dozen, maybe a few more. It's been growing a little the last couple years.

Bump this thread back to the top, I almost couldn't find it looking for the dates.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
    Good idea Weber. It's certainly coming up soon!

• seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

We are going to be there its our first year with a rinker 342