Options

2014 Chesapeake Rinker Rendezvous

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod

It'll be great to meet you Seadogs!  We will have several 342s there this year.

It'd be great if we can get those that know they are going to chime in.  Always nice to at least have an idea.

& hey, the theme this year is Mexican.  So, think Cinco de Mayo stuff!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

Looks like weather may be shaping up nicely and have nice, not too humid, 80 degrees!!  Also might have the best turnout yet!  I've talked with a lot of folks offline and most are planning on coming up Friday (one on Thursday) and then a few Sat morning.  I'm guessing anywhere from 12-18 boats.  If we can just talk that RinkerYan into burning a half tank fuel!!!

For those that have never been, it's a nice beach area with a naturally made lazy river.  Usually see a couple bald eagles, several of us bring kayaks that anyone can use (as well as dinghies).  The kids all hang together.  Just a ton of fun!!  Rinker has even been nice enough again to send a few goodies that I'll get to all those that show up!  I've also got some fun games and gifts planned again.

I'll keep this thread on top this week, just so you all don't forget!! 

• Options
    MissKrissMissKriss Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

We are planning to arrive from A.C. New Jersey on thursday afternoon. Cant wait. We may have a new friend, and it will be be a real exciting craft they will be bringing. Something the rinker crew has never seen before!!!!! See u all this weekend. Patrick, Krista, grandma pat, robert, logan and Maddie.

• Options

Looking forward to seeing you and your family again Patrick!  I'd really like to shoot for Thursday night, but I'm sticking with Friday morning at this point.  You got me exciting about this 'craft'.  We'll be bright and early, leaving when the sun comes up!

Can't wait to meet some new faces (summerx, JimCass, seadogs & anyone else new to the rendezvous that is coming)!

• Options
    seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

We will be rolling in on sat. morning at this point ( unless I can ditch work early) we are looking forward to meeting other rinker families.

• Options

That's great seadogs!  we hope to see you early on Saturday!

• Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

We will try for Saturday afternoon. Kids have a swim meet Saturday morning. Weather looks great at this point.  Hope to meet up with you all soon. 

• Options

summerx, that would be great!  Early Sat afternoon things get really rolling into the evening!  There will be several boats with kids (including mine), so I'm sure yours will have plenty of fun!  Can't wait to meet up with you!

Weather is definitely looking good!  Even light winds so the ride should be smooth as well!

• Options

Ok, for those on the fence wondering to go....weather is going to be perfect!!  Right around 80 degrees, less than 1ft chop all weekend. 

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

DI, Take some good pictures for us.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

not sure saturday is going to happen for us now.  Will try to run over on Sunday.  folks will be there for most of the day, right?

• Options
    seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

We would like to thank Dream Inn for putting together such a great time. My wife and I had never had so much fun and felt so welcomed as we did in such a short time. . Thanks to everyone that made Tamie and I feel like we have been friends for years within the first 5 minutes. We are looking towards other raft ups and get togethers in the future. I hope that everyone made it home safe and without problem. Thanks to all.Tom
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Seadogs, it was great meeting you and your wife!  I hope we have a new longtime member that will be coming to the Rendezvous!

We sure had one of the best times ever!

Here are a few picswe even let the 'craft' that Patrick was talking about join the crowd (even if it was a Sea Rey)... It was really cool to get to take a ride and takeoff from the water and do a landing on the water!!!   IIn the pic above, the Kahuna brothers finally got to meet each other!

• Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited July 2014

Great pics and it looks like everyone had a great time. Love the Sea Rey plane!!! :D

I see the copy of Chapman's nearby!! 

Post edited by midweste on

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin

I really need to try to make it to one of these. Looks like you all had a blast....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    ok, looks like I grabbed one wrong picture. The boat one was from last year, but they do all look the same. I'll get the correct one up at some point here, but it's almost weekend boating time for now! & Raybo, you can win the long distance award!

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

What fun. Thanks for posting the pics. If Ray motors down I'll have to trailer in to steal away with that LD record. :D

The Admiral and I were near there in DC just a few days prior and the raft up was certainly on my mind while overlooking the Potomac. Glad the weather cooperated. I saw a couple ferocious storms move through when we were there that were over in 30mins but they impressed me. I thought it was only us that got hammered that way. 

So whats the date for next year? I'm at the same conference in early July. Maybe I'll rent a dingy and row out :D

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that was a client thing. Hey, We'll do both next year. There's nothing down here for me that time of year. Bring your dingy, I'll mix drinks and you can row. :D`

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

Tiki, we are actually talking about dates already for next year so everyone can put them on the calendar!  It is always the second or third weekend in July.  I think we should have all of you plan to come next year!  Then we can all meet each other at once and party it up!

I'm still recovering sleepwise from the weekend!  Hard to go to sleep when you are having too much fun & for some reason I just don't sleep in (& I'm not even as old as half y'all on here :)  )

I'll have to get more pictures going.  We had a dinghy sunset cruise each night.  One of those we had 8 dinghies tied together!  Between the dinghies, seaplane, kayaks, SUPs, and rafts, it was tough for the ladies to walk around behind the boats with all the Hors d'oeuvres!  

• Options

Oh, this isn't between boats. The water is about waste high at the swim platforms.  So we stand in the water and the trays of food go around while we all drink.  Really tough to beat!  So much food came out that we used a surfboard to hold the food!

• Options

Is that a cash prize for the LD winner. Maybe it could cover the of gas....LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

LOL I know.........