Options

Is there a Sea Deck equivalent

KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
Sea Deck doesn't make anything for the swim platform for the 216 I think because of the built in non slip texture. Is there any thing else like Sea Deck that would work? Thanks, Sean
2012 Rinker BR216 5.0

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Hello Sean, Have you "googled" Plasdeck. I believe they have the patterns for Rinker. Also try the Rinker parts department for suggestions. The Rinker parts supervisor is Cindy Scott Hagen at cscott@nauticglobalgroup.com .....you might have to win the lottery to pay for it though, it is expensive. If you go into the forum archives there was a lengthy discussion of this subject a while back. Good luck MT
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    EDWINCEDWINC Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    try flexi teak.  it is great i used it on my old boat.  here is a picture so  you can see how it came out.   if you are in fl there one that installed it is awesome if not call the company and ask for a local installer. 

Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdwinC, Very nice deck material. I'm a little partial to our lighter colored stock non-skid in the 270 cockpit since I pitched all the rotten carpets but that deck material looks like the next flooring choice for our cabin floor when that carpet is ejected too.

How flexible did you find it to be. I have a couple of corners that'd require a a very slight upward curve.

On another project (yet still on topic) I'm looking for some 2"x12" strips/scraps of self adhesive seadeck style non-skid to attach above the waterline on the edge of an acrylic spa that's slick as a babies shiny hiney. Any tips from anyone about a re-purposed product that might work? thanks, Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    It is more expensive than I imagined. thanks for the hints though. Sean
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • Options
    Plasdeck is 700.00 for the swim platform on my 216. I think I'll use a towel if it gets warm.....
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edwinc, how much to do your boat. I called sea deck to do my entire 260ec deck and materials alone were like $2500. Then I still had to install.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

Mark the versa teak for my entire 2014 EC 360 was listed at $7,959.00 and $3,559.00 for the swim platform only. As I did not opt for it I did not get into any "negotiations" with the dealer for a better price so I don't know what a dealer's absolute best deal is. MT

• Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    I had Plasdeck install mine on my 2013, 260 swim platform $1400.  total installed by Plasdeck
  • Options
    MIKES342 said:
    I had Plasdeck install mine on my 2013, 260 swim platform $1400.  total installed by Plasdeck
    Looks beautiful
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • Options
    Thanks, this will be the second year and it is so easy to clean just soap and water looks as good as it did new.
  • Options
    Looks great Mike and the price is really good too. MT
  • Options
    EDWINCEDWINC Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I'm paid About 5k for the 26 foot
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    I installed SeaDeck on my 342. They had a pattern for my boat but I decided to to make my own pattern due to the grill mount that is located on my swim platform. The pattern was pretty easy to make and the SeaDeck was even easier to install. I was a little hesitant to try the SeaDeck but am very happy with the product. The wetter it gets the more slip resistant it seems to get. The thing I like best about the product is the cushion it provides. Every time I climb onto the swim platform from swimming my knees thank me.
    Jerry

• Options
    Looks nice. How much?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I don't remember the exact price, I know it was under a $1000. I want to say between 850 and 950, I will have to find the receipt at work. I did the swim platform and the two entry steps leading into the cockpit from the sides.
    Jerry
  • Options
    Just found the quote from SeaDeck, it was $825.
  • Options
    Beautiful job Jerry! MT
  • Options
    Golf dog that is a great price. Not sure if I can find a dealer in Toronto, but will check it out.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Hey Mark,
    I didn't go through a dealer. I dealt directly with Seadeck. It was a pretty easy process.
    Jerry
  • Options
    I just had the swim platform done that is why it only cost 1400. 
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Since the OP was asking about alternatives to Seadeck I thought I'd add this company that I ran across from California. Link below....

http://hydroturf.com/pwc_matcolors.php#sample-request-form

I can't speak for them but their prices seem far less expensive and I've sent for samples so we'll see. The seadeck samples I just received were very dense and would seem painful to kneel/sit on. On the other hand it's probably really tough stuff which counts on a swim platform. My project calls for something a bit easier on my dawgs.

Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    www.ttcustommarine.com 

He has a lot of different options and he also has quite a few rinker templates. I have done two boats with him (342 FV & 370 EC) and his price was good and service even better. I did my whole 370 from the platform all the way to the helm steps for $2,800.00 in Plasdeck and he even put our boat name and logo in the cockpit floor. 

Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    Hey Mike. Does that stuff just stick on or is their an applicator solution needed?

Do they give you sheets to cut from, or do they cut to shape?

Sorry, I know you might not have the answers.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I've sent for samples also on the hydroturf. thanks for the heads up. I'll check custom marine also. Thanks, Sean
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • Options
    Ill report back when I see what they have. Im looking for something a little on the soft side. Not marshmallow soft just not rock hard.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I have Hydro-Turf on my Jet Ski. Have had it on for 4 years now and it's holding up well. Ski is always under cover though.image

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    golfdog said:
    I installed SeaDeck on my 342. They had a pattern for my boat but I decided to to make my own pattern due to the grill mount that is located on my swim platform. The pattern was pretty easy to make and the SeaDeck was even easier to install. I was a little hesitant to try the SeaDeck but am very happy with the product. The wetter it gets the more slip resistant it seems to get. The thing I like best about the product is the cushion it provides. Every time I climb onto the swim platform from swimming my knees thank me.
    Jerry

Really really like that. I've got samples on the way. Pretty sure I'm going this route.
  • Options
    KYSEAN said:
    Sea Deck doesn't make anything for the swim platform for the 216 I think because of the built in non slip texture. Is there any thing else like Sea Deck that would work? Thanks, Sean
    Go to Seadeck.com and get a template kit. It's pretty easy to do. 
  • Options
    Just a quick response to the SeaDek not being soft enough. I'm 54 and have had bad knees since I was an early teenager. Before I installed the Seadek I would have to make sure that a life jacket was nearby to kneel on when I climbed onto the swim platform from swimming. Since installing the Seadek there is no need for the life jacket. The Seadek is not fluffy soft but there is more give than you think. So far I've been happy with the durability. There is one little step just above the swim platform next to the entrance door that everyone steps on to get on or off the boat, it still looks good. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    To be clear, the samples I got from Seadeck were 2"x2", very dense, relatively thin and seemed pretty slick but maybe they only sent out color samples and not a sample of textures. The samples I got had small nubbs about 3/4" on center that'd be painful to kneel on but your pictures look like a flat surface and much cushier padding/non-skid.

Thanks for the Hydro pics Dan.

Mike