Options

Is there a Sea Deck equivalent

2»

Comments

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Well, I ordered the SeaDek platform pad in Faux Teak Mocha over Black. Now I just gotta wait for it.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    The manufacturer installed it and they glued it down. There web site give instructions and they have rinkers patterns for all of the boats
  • Options
    TikiHut2 said:
    To be clear, the samples I got from Seadeck were 2"x2", very dense, relatively thin and seemed pretty slick but maybe they only sent out color samples and not a sample of textures. The samples I got had small nubbs about 3/4" on center that'd be painful to kneel on but your pictures look like a flat surface and much cushier padding/non-skid.

Thanks for the Hydro pics Dan.

Mike
    Tiki, There is quite a bit of difference (in feel) from the regular pad vs the faux teak. The regular pads have the little nubs in them while the faux teak does not.
  • Options

Installed my new SeaDek yesterday......It looks pretty good. I also like the feel of it. Anxious to see if it gets real hot when out in the sun for a long period.

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

Very nice DanD2, looks great.

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

Very nice!

Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin

Looks great did you do the cockpit also????

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

No I did not. My carpets are relatively new and in very good shape so I decided to keep them. I will in the future get one made up for the step into the cockpit and step up onto the bow. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I'm coming to steal that swim deck.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    samp232samp232 Member Posts: 29
    Im in the market to have my entire boat done I have a 05 232 open bow. And would love the rinker logo on the swim platform and the boat name in the cockpit area. Im in Louisville ky, is there someone close by me that can measure and possible in stall. Or is my best to just oder over web.....FYI im not big on ordering off web I would rather talk to someone to make sure im getting what I want. Also what's a ball park price?.....maybe 2k - 3k?
  • Options
    Go to SeaDek.com and see if they have a template for your swim platform, if not order a template kit, its only $15. You'll surely need the template kit for the rest of your boat. My platform kit was a bit over $500 and its pretty easy to install.
  • Options
    samp232samp232 Member Posts: 29
    Great, thanks dan
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is sweet! My swim platform looks like crap...and the carpet backing all fell apart but this up grade will unfortunately be way down the list with that kid of cost...
  • Options
    Certainly a bit expensive but was well worth it for us.
  • Options
    EzgoinEzgoin Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    I have been flirting with doing the SeaDeck throughout my 262, but decided to do new carpeting on the inside and just SeaDeck on the swim platform.  I had them send me a template kit with samples, but didn't get the faux wood grain samples, only the solid colors.  To be honest, the solid color product with the nubs was not impressive at all.  If I do it, it will definitely be the faux wood grain material.  Much nicer. 
    Beware....I was a little irritated that SeaDeck sent the little rolls of Mylar template material and a few 2"x2" samples in a 10"x10"x 36" box that could have held the template kit 15 times over and charged me $35 for shipping!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    TikiHut2 said:
    To be clear, the samples I got from Seadeck were 2"x2", very dense, relatively thin and seemed pretty slick but maybe they only sent out color samples and not a sample of textures. The samples I got had small nubbs about 3/4" on center that'd be painful to kneel on but your pictures look like a flat surface and much cushier padding/non-skid.

Thanks for the Hydro pics Dan.

Mike
    How did you go with the samples from Hydro Turf?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/