Options

Battery panel

golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Electrical Discussions
Hello All, I went down to my boat (2003 FV342) last weekend to check her out, it's been a while due to this never ending winter. I plan to rearrange/straighten out the battery area. 
While checking everything out I looked at the battery switch panel in the back of the cockpit below the outside shower. I guess I've never really paid much attention to it before and I'm trying to understand it.
The two large rotary knobs are labeled port and starboard engines. I'm assuming these just control the port and starboard START batteries and if you put the rotary knobs to emergency start the two start 
batteries combine. 
Then there is the helm power switch and the cabin panel power switch. I guess these do what they say. If I turn the helm switch off, I would not have power to the helm. So it looks like there is no way to switch off the house batteries unless that's what the switches are for.      
 Does this sound correct to you guys? 
Also is it correct to assume that there is nothing connected to the start batteries except the engines? I wish I had a wiring diagram to check.
Thanks in advance for any comments or advice you may have.
Jerry

Comments