Options

shore power operation

2»

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about your boat Tiki -  I know you have stated you don't use your fridge, but didn't you try it out? Do you have a breaker switch on you panel for it??? I have read previous posts about  a filter...home made I believe it was...
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    My frig worked on the survey day but I haven't tried it since then. It's simply too impractical for us for it's size, location and current/amperage demands while cruising on long weekends like we do. The Admiral needed more galley storage and it serves us far better as a cabinet. The captain needed FAR more ice up on deck to keep him happy and I hate luke warm barley pop on a hot summer day(or ANY day). Nothing worse than a grumpy crew and the Admiral gets VERY tired of of being called on to hand up something else from a downstairs frig, so we use a big cooler under the cockpit sink upstairs where everybody congregates anyway.

I have no idea how to start it but the comments from others seem pretty spot on.

The homemade filter you're talking about is probably the blackwater filter for the waste tank vent that I made from plans/ideas easily found on the net. Basically 16"x1-1/2" pipe filled with carbon pellets and a hose fitting on each end spliced right into the waste tank vent line with a couple hose clamps. Words can't describe how much happier your admiral and crew will be if they are stationed by the vent when someone flushes the head.

Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl