Options

Forum Internet Problems?

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else having problems logging onto of navigating this site (getting gateway error codes)? Thinking of changing my passwords, worried that someone is trying to hack our site or has gained backdoor access? Any thoughts guys? MT

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few 'over capacity' notices but otherwise ok. And this new one just now.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Me too, BD. I also get gateway error fault codes and the site keeps making me re-register. Worth it, but annoying! MT
  • Options
    Come to think of it, on my laptop I have to relog-in a lot. Ok on my iphone though.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Michael, I had the same problem several times yesterday
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    yes, I've seen lots of problems this morning....funny got a 503 service unavailable just now trying to post this.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Either an upgrade gone bad, major host issues or a hack.  I've had to log in several times already this morning.  Cuts into my work time  lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    By the time I read the comments on this thread I had been required to sign back in twice. BTW we're re-doing all of our passwords due to the heartbleed hack. Maybe it has affected the forum or maybe its just part  of the up-grade that's gone sideways? Glad I'm not imagining things lol MT
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Steve is in the process of updating the site. He had to go back to the old format for a while. It should take a couple of weeks to get finished so maybe some of the problems are related to this. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The site keeps treating me like my father in-law who keeps forgetting my name......mostly on purpose.

503 error, log-in, etc...

Like BD I really don't have the time during my work day for such inefficiency while I'm wasting time on the internet.  :D

Thanks for the reminder MT. Man I dread coming up with another password to use on all my sites. My old 1234 was so convenient for everything. Maybe I'll just use my SS#. Nobody knows that right?? Hackers...Ain't nobody got time for that....
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    For some reason I can only log into the site from my phone... on my laptop the site always tells me wrong username or password
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    Yep. Logging in from a pc is not easy. I have to try a few times. All fine on my phone. Go figure.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Same problem here it does not recognize me. I being call Howdy Stranger.
  • Options
    I sent him a note this AM about the issues. No response yet.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he can't sign in? :)
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Certainly hope the same thing doesn't happen here as what happened on RBO.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options

Navigating is getting weird. If I click onto some of the threads I have to re-sign to get on the thread - if I click back to the original thread I find I'm still signed-in - REALLY weird!   If the forum goes down for awhile, happy spring launch to everyone see you when it's back up. :-) MT

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    well, so far things seem pretty good today.  As far as Steve, he has been keeping the moderators up to date with things and has told us they are in the process of some updates. Just hang tight, it will get better.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Got a "502 Bad Gateway" message this morning,  I'm with Tiki, this really getting in the way of my internet boat talk during the work day!
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I check in twice daily and haven't seen any problem on my end. If you don't check the box keep me logged in you will have to sign in each time. Let me holler at Steve about this

STEVE

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    I just got the Error 503 service unavilable on the last post I'll try and get in touch with him

• Options
    I'm working on getting hold of Steve be patient we don't want the same thing happen here that happened to RBO

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys have set up what appears to be a persistent cookie titled 'hsfirstvisit'....

it's a fair assumption that this cookie's name is a default- and can be changed to something else more unique. 

I notice that threads I've viewed or participated in don't 'lose' me, but the main page will, as well as threads I haven't viewed or participated in..

somewhere in the settings, if a person has administrative access, there is likely a database connection series of questions, and that is likely where the cookie information is found.. if that cookie's name is altered to something more unique, these issues with log in will likely disappear.. while you're at it, it may be a good idea to look at the other ones and apply a unique qualifier either before or after- something someone isn't likely to encounter on another page.. also, set the cookie level to persistent at a minimum..

this may require someone with access to the server side configurations if vanilla forums doesn't offer super-admin level access...
  • Options
    I sent Steve a e-mail telling him that it looks like the site is being hacked. I will keep everyone informed as to what I hear. Right now the site seems to be running good. Again I will keep everyone posted. Boomer I sent you an e-mail.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    From Capn Steve.....Problem is getting looked into now

• Options
    It's not a hack it's a service error should be OK by the end of the week

• Options
    Whew!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Like Boomer stated. Steve says it a service error and the hosting company is already working on it.....
  • Options
    Seems to be working correctly today! 
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Things will be much better when the new update is done so I've heard :-)

• Options
    Boomer, It seems to have been cured (knock on wood) - I've had no problems today! MT
This discussion has been closed.