Options

Rinker 342 FV leftover Fisher Winter Storage Cover - Best Offer

coverguycoverguy Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
This morning I bought another leftover Fisher Winter Storage Cover for a Rinker 342 FV. Cover is in good condition. There was alot of interest in the first cover I sold, let's find this cover a good home.

I will post pictures and more info later today. Highest bid gets the cover if I feel it will be a good fit for the boat.
Darren Fitzgerald
darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com
856-857-7475
PM Winter Boat Covers
www.pmwinterboatcovers.com
OEM Rinker Canvas

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Okay, here is what I know about the cover.

Ticket # 10567, made in 2005 and used for 6 seasons. Has been in Fisher Canvas storage since 2011. This 1 piece cover was picked up every year, inspected and stored by Fisher Canvas. No repair tickets issued so the customer must have taken good care of the cover.

I know it is off-season, I will take offers on the cover. Be prepared to email me picture of your boat so I can make sure the cover will be a good fit. I am selling it as is, no warranties. Alterations may be able to be done at extra cost. There will be shipping charge or you can pick up cover in South Jersey. 
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I have a 2002 342 with arch and radar. What do you want to get for this cover? Can you tell me where in south jersey. Tom
  • Options
    There is alot of interest in the cover and I have someone who missed out on the first one I had and wants this one. I am going to roll it out on Tuesday and inspect it. I want to see if there is a radar pocket or not. I will take pics and post them on Tuesday.

The first cover I had sold for $750 and I want at least that for this one. I am in Pennsauken, NJ
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    On my way to inspect the cover now. I will post pictures of it rolled out this afternoon.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    The cover is in great shape. A couple of small patches were all I saw. There is a radar pocket, accessory pocket next to it, spotlight pocket on the bow rail and a transom zipper door. There is still alot of life left in this cover.

Make me an offer, I want at least $750 plus shipping.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    Hey Darren. I'll take the cover call me and we can work out details. Left you a email. Tim
  • Options
    I will call you in the am. I will need your address so I can get the shipping cost. Heavy cover, so be prepared for shipping shock.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    I am trying to score another 342FV Fisher Winter Storage Cover. Anyone interested? I should know today.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    Okay, today I purchased another leftover Fisher Winter Storage Cover for a Rinker 342FV. The cover was made in 2001 and used for 7 seasons. It was picked up every year and stored at Fisher. The boat was sold in 2009 and the cover has been in storage ever since. There is a spotlight pocket on the bow rail, a transom zipper door and a TV antenna pocket. There isn't a radar pocket but Fisher will add one if wanted at an additional cost. I found 2 small holes in the cover by the TV antenna pocket (see pics) and they are being repaired by Fisher Canvas right now.

After inspecting the cover, I think there is plenty of life left in it and I will start the bidding at $750 plus shipping.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    $750 for a 13 year old cover...hmm, I'm sorry to say but that is a bit much in my opinion.  Just my .02. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I look at it like this, if you get 6 years out of the cover ( very easy to do ) for $750, that's $125 a year to protect the boat. Someplaces they are paying $18 a foot for shrinkwrap every year. $18 x 34' = $612.00. 6 years at $612.00 a year = $3672.00. This would be a savings of $2922.00
    I sold a leftover 10 year old cover for $750 to a guy that was paying $800 a year to shrinkwrap his 32ft boat.
    It's all how you look at it.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    I agree coverguy, believe me, I've always pushed for the full cover.  You can look back for the last 8 years, and it is me saying people should get a full cover instead of shrinkwrap.  But I also go for value, and let me say I've seen 5 year old fisher covers for the same boat, with all the pvc structure already made, go for that price.  A cover that age, 6 more years would be pushing it.  Someone also has to make a pvc frame, another 100-150 bucks.  & also possibly add another 50-100 bucks to customize to fit, plus that shipping. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but also adding to auction it, may be taking a bit of advantage over the situation. We have several people on here that do regularly sell their items and make money, that is fine and understood. I also think selling the used covers is a great thing, getting all the life you can out of it instead of sitting & no one using them.

• Options
    I don't have to sing the praises of a Fisher Winter Storage Cover, the cover owners do that. Many more positive comments then negative, with most of the negatives complaining how heavy the covers are. Fisher did recently switch to a lighter material, yet still extremely water resistant. Fred Fisher never says 'waterproof".
    Back then in 2001, the cover probably went for $2100-2300?, guessing.
    I honestly expect this cover to last several more years, it's only cotton canvas. Rips can be repaired and as long as the cover is kept clean and put away dry you don't have that much to worry about. I didn't really mean to make it look like an auction, but there is alot of interest and the first two I had sold fast at $750 and some people were willing to go higher to get them. What I mean actually is that the first $750 plus shipping takes it.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options

Coverguy, I agree Fischer does make some great covers!  That's what I had on my last boat & would have for my current one but it was just too heavy for it & I did not want the two piece with zipper.  (my current one is made out of stamoid light & is lighter than the Fischer I had for my 310, but not near as good a fit).

Good luck with the sell and I will check with a few 342 owners in my marina this weekend.

• Options
    I'll go lower than $750 if anyone is interested.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    Just got my cover today!! Thanks Darren. I'll send a pic over to you come fall. That cover weighs a ton! How does one person put that thing on by itself? Any other rinker owners have pics of frame work to support the cover? I hope I get many years out of it. I'm paying close to $500 a year to shrink wrap it. Kicking myself that I didn't buy one 4 years ago when I got the boat. Guess I was just living in the moment.
  • Options
    I will send you framing suggestion. Can't wait for the pics. Keep the cover clean and put it away dry and you will get many years out of it.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    How about $695 plus shipping?
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    June 6 - how about $675 plus shipping?
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    $655 plus shipping
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    I know no one is thinking about winter and snow and ice and the bone-chillin' cold wind and the frozen snot in your nose, but it will come. You might want to buy this cover now before it's too late.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    $625.00, plus shipping?
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Curious how much slack there is in these things?  I would likely make an offer if it would fit my 2005 360 (12'3" beam, 39'LOA with the platform.)
  • Options
    Made to fit 37'LOA x 12' beam. The Fishers are made to fit like a glove, so there really isn't any slack. Not a good fit.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    I agree, they are a snug fit.  It is custom made for the 342 and will really only fit it, but very nicely.

• Options
    $625.00, plus shipping. The last 2 that I sold went for $750 each.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    RinkerYan, it must be. Everyone is broke from buying fuel for their boats, I guess. I think I will sit on the cover til Fall and try again.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    steeledpsteeledp Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

Can u send me pics of it ??

I sent you my email twice !!!

• Options

still have Rinker 342FV winter storage cover. Now is the time you should be thinking about buying a cover. Guess what, I have a cover. Let's talk.

Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭

You dont have anything for a 276 w/o arch do you?

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3