Options

Replacing stereo remotes in the 342

2»

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your plan to leave that male mini-jack end loose somewhere for you to plug your phone into?  Don't you rather want to install the cable explore posted above, and then you simply have to get a fairly standard mini-jack to mini-jack cable to plug your phone into the receiver that would be properly mounted onto your helm dash (or somewhere else convenient)?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    That was my plan, yes.  My receiver is down in the cabin with no aux female jack.  If I use the cord explore has provided where do I go with the female end?  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    The female end creates a jack that you would find on any head unit. You would just use a headphone cable with two males. One for your ipod and the other for the jack. You can do it your way to but it won't look good to just have a wire hanging out of the wall. If you use a jack like the clarion one you can flush mount it at your helm and run a set of RCA'a back to your head unit and plug your ipod in and when you aren't using the jack it will be nice and clean with a rubber cover. 
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    Ahhh I see now.  I really appreciate it guys!  This will really help keep me happy until a real upgrade. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    After upgrading my system a few years ago I don't think I will ever have a head unit that doesn't have Bluetooth.

Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    It's also easy and about $50 to add Bluetooth to the system.  A dock buddy added one of these ( http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/home_theater/accessories/bluetooth_audio_adapter/index.jsp) to his system and is really nice.  It allows automatic connection to 3 devices at one time and up to total of 8 devices.  My buddy set up his own 'pirate' station that broadcasts 1w of power over a specific frequency.  Then all of us rafted together can tune in and switch between our own devices to play what we want.  He's added things to it every year and it has gotten better.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a pirate radio station too DI.  I made "station identifications" and wrote a program to mix the music and IDs.  The most fun is during the fireworks.  I play "fireworks" music over it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00nmQfqjtY8eGZELUppZ2ZQbWM&authuser=0

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Bose Bluetooth connection station is really good value for money.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Now that is what I am talking about.  Add that to the to list...
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    I plug in my new aux cord, start messing around with everything and then all goes bad.  Now the amp won't power on and no sound.  Before it all turned off I had to turn volume up to full before I could hear anything.  Then lost my cabin speakers.  Then Head unit started flickering.  Seems like I have bad connections somewhere.  I can barely get an arm up top where amp is.  Any ideas?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Bad ground comes to mind.  My amp is under the V berth so I can can sorta reach it.  But it would be near to impossible to trace the wires back.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX