Options

Stern won't go to trailer position

No matter what switch I use, it won't go pass the safe half position.  Anyone have an idea where the problem could be?  I don't have a trailer but at the end of the season, those drive will have to go up before the marina pull the boat out.  It also worries me if I have to deal with unexpected shallow waters.

Thanks

Daniel

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    danbrundanbrun Member Posts: 6

Thanks for the answers, I will check that.  To answer some questions

Yes I have twins Bravo III.

No I never got them up, I just bought my 300 this summer and it was already in the water. But in the show room, they were up.

I did push to the second position, but not "hard" so I will surely try that to see if this is just a contact issue. 

If not, I will check the reostat.  RinkerYan, I assume you are referring to the sender switches? http://www.sterndrives.com/supplies/mdtips06.html 

All switches, the one on the throttle handle (second position push) and the two others that control the sterns independently won't go pass the safe trim position.

Thanks, will keep you posted!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan, do you hear anything when you push harder to the second position, or is it dead quiet?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

Hi Mark, dead quiet
  • Options

Now I feel like a fool, yes, push HARD!  Very hard to get to that second notch. Nothing like the one on the throttle.  Thanks all!!  Now I can go on vacation feeling much better. 

Thanks all!!!

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

Did the same thing.....That's how I knew...lol

Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did it too..... welcome aboard

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭

Don't feel bad. We've all been there

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod

oh yes, there is someone on my dock that I work hand-in-hand with on fixing things.  He didn't know that pushing hard did that. So don't feel bad.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express