Options

does anyone know why they shut down the other rinker boat owners site?

it had years of great info on 270's.

Comments

• Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Just checked it. Its up and running
  • Options
    JPJones66JPJones66 Member Posts: 2
    looks like the old forum is up again
  • Options
    BachelordudeBachelordude Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I have a 2011 Rinker 260 EC.  One of the two batteries installed with the boat when I bought it is not holding a charge.  I am sure the dealer put in cheap batteries as they appear to be standard flooded marine batteries that may or may not have been brand new.  Anyways, I replaced the battery with a new AGM battery.  Since there are two batteries (one new AGM and one standard flooded type) of different types, am I going to run into problems with the onboard charging system?  Am I better off just switching to both AGM type batteries to keep it consistent even though my other flooded battery is working okay at this time?  Thanks.
  • Options
    Rinker3265Rinker3265 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know where to look for a fiberglass hardtop for a 2006 Rinker 320?  Does Rinker sell kits for this application?  Thanks.
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey guys...we're in discussions with the administrators of the old Rinker site. Hope to bring some of their years of expertise and content over here soon. I know they've been having some serious technical issues over the past year.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Well, I guess I made it over here for now.  Still pursuing on getting the old forum back though.  Sure do miss the boat chat.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Welcome aboard Dream_Inn...if you see anything we need to tweak or add here...just say the word. We are in the process of reconfiguring the categories to more closely match what you guys were used to.
  • Options
    Well, there is quite a bit, but first place I'd definitely start is separating categories out a bit better like you stated.  Not sure what the difference is between General and Rinker?  Would also like to see a tad more profile on the members.  Something that would show boating area, size boat...could just be put in a signature.  (for some reason I can type a lot faster than this site can keep up or show it)

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    It's going to be hard to do what we had there members were like Facebook friends you felt like you knew them but never met. We were a close knit forum and I don't see it here

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    It's going to be hard to do what we had there members were like Facebook friends you felt like you knew them but never met. We were a close knit forum and I don't see it here
    I agree with you Boomer!  Just don't know what to do at this point.

• Options
    Making these changes this afternoon. Wasn't sure about expanding the profiles, but will work on that as well at your suggestion. Definitely won't be exactly what everyone's used to at first. But consider it a work in progress. Probably took the other Forum a while to find its personality as well, so I appreciate your patience as we build something you guys will use and hopefully take a leadership role on. 

My name is Steve, by the way. Keep the suggestions coming!
  • Options

Steve, it is nice to see you starting something here.  Definitely will take a while here, and don't take it personal from us.  Several of us put our heart & plenty of time (7 plus years worth) into that site and there is a lot of information that is no longer usable.  Fortunately I have contacts on a lot of people that I have become good friends with & those will continue.  I also think that things will always be a bit different on this site because it is actually ran by Rinker.  Unfortunately not all topics on RBO were good for the Rinker brand, but we let things stay true there.  Hopefully that can be done here as well.

(is it my computer or connection, or do you see as you are typing at least a word or more behind?  as if some slow buffering between your typing and what shows up on the screen.)

• Options
    Dream...if it was never communicated to you guys, your work on RBO was greatly appreciated. Yes, even the more critical stuff. We've learned from you over the years. This is a platform set up by Rinker so you guys can continue your good work. We have no interest in "policing" or controlling what you guys talk about. Obviously, there will be a different vibe here, but I'm hoping that you guys will have more time to talk and help each other if you don't always have to be worrying about troubleshooting and debugging the "back end" technical side. If there's ever ANYTHING that you see that doesn't ring true from me, by all means call me on it. 

I'm not having that typing issue...but I will look into it.
  • Options
    KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Glad to see this site gaining some steam. Has a lot of potential for a good Rinker gathering place.
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • Options

Steve, that really is great to hear!  I've never heard any feeback except what we get on RBO from members.  Thank you!  For some of us, boating is truly what we live for.  (just ask my wife & kids ;) )  I cannot stand to see a fellow boater stuck because something is not working.

Looking forward to seeing the changes on here and if there is anything I can do to help out, let me know as well.  Maybe a start could be a separate section for ideas or suggestions for the site? 

Thank you!

• Options
    Dream Inn is correct we just want something like we had at RBO right now it's just like facebook needs to be setup in categories and make it simple to post pictures which it's not now.
                                                                                                                        Boomer 

• Options
    Boomer...working on the categories now, and they'll be complete within the hour. As far as pics go, you just click on "Attach a file" directly below the box where you're typing a post.
  • Options
    Dream_Inn....excellent point about a category for ideas and suggestions to fine-tune this forum for how you guys use it.

• Options

Gottta say, great start! Another idea:  is there a way to make this forum so that we don't have to scroll each time.  What I mean, the picture at the top is great, but makes checking the forum a bit tough each time.  Put it this way, I usually set a favorites shortcut to the unread topics (I read them all) & check quickly a few times a day.  It is just nice to see that all on one page, if that makes sense.

Again, fantastic start!  I do lke the category list on the side as well!

You wil also notice the region specific gets used less, so maybe that area could go lower?

(uggh!  I need to check this typing thing on my home computer)

• Options
    Sure...no problem to move down Regions...I actually thought it would show up as just one folder until you unnested. Oh well! 

Definitely hit the upper-right "x" in the box containing the announcement at the top of the page. That will give you a little more real estate on the page. Still tweaking the spacing on the page.

BTW...do you see "Attach a file" below the text box where you type a post? 
  • Options
    parkrode360parkrode360 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    No "attach a file" visible to me...
  • Options
    Hmmmmm....thanks park....working on it now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <P>No attach a file for me either...BTW, it doesn't keep up with my typing at home either, so it must be something on the site.</P>
    <P>I do like the idea of expanding the regions....looks like we are getting some movement to the site here.</P>
    <P>:)>-  I've emailed a few and will contact some more.  I think Boomer has gotten a hold of a few as well.</P>
    <P>George, nice to see you again!  Hope all is going well with getting your boat back in shape! </P>

• Options

No attach a file for me either...BTW, it doesn't keep up with my typing at home either, so it must be something on the site.

I do like the idea of expanding the regions....looks like we are getting some movement to the site here.

:)>-  I've emailed a few and will contact some more.  I think Boomer has gotten a hold of a few as well.

George, nice to see you again!  Hope all is going well with getting your boat back in shape! 

• Options
    hmm, I must not have used the edit function correctly.

• Options
    Sure is a lot different than the old forum not as easy to use but we'll get use to it.

• Options
    boattech01boattech01 Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    hey boomer thanks for the email letting me know where everyone is gathering, gonna miss rbo. tj
  • Options
    DebZimmDebZimm Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am new to this forum but wanted to say that I also have the typing issue, which made registration difficult, and my browser gave me a warning that "the sender failed fraud detection". I ignored it. Anyway my husband and I look forward to participating.
  • Options
    Deb...we're working debugging the registration...thanks for pushing on!
  • Options
    Well the typing issue seems corrected