Options

Bravo 111

frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Anybody know the weight of a bravo 111 sterndrive?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just the outdrive part?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can google Bravo lll dtrive weight or go on the Mercury Marine website for accurate weight. MT

• Options

Yes just the outdrive

• Options

MT,

I did google but could not find the info

• Options
    Paul, my 2014 Bravo 3 "X" drive is 148 pounds. I have read that some of the earlier B3 drives were in the 128-130 pound range. MT
  • Options

That seems heavy for just the outdrive? I can carry my B3 myself. I would have guessed ~100#.  Either that or the spinich helps!  lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    BD, that spinach must be some good stuff! (just ask Raybo :smile: ) I'd be really impressed if you could lift the drive and put it back on yourself as well! (heck, I'd be hiring you when I need service - I'd even hold the raft steady behind the boat on the lift :smile: )

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

I strong to the finish cause I eat me spinach...........lol I hate spinach.....

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭

Love the references :D

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here it is boys (and girls) direct from the horse's mouth, so to say:

http://www.mercurymarine.com.au/home/mercruiser/sterndrives/drives/bravo-three.aspx

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited August 2014

What did that MT guy say? 148 pounds?  ....some of the B3 earlier drives, for whatever reason, weighed 8 to 10 pounds less. Maybe they weighjed them without ss pins or something - who knows. But around 148 pounds for an X drive gives you a decent idea .....as I said. :-) .....and I sure would appreciate being referred to as "the horse's mouth" as the Admiral has been known to refer to me as the other end of that animal. :-) MT

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

MT - 10 lbs less, with or without the props?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

WO props I do believe Mark, but willing to be corrected. Last Fall I had several conversations with Mercury technicians to TRY to determine the weight of my soon to arrive 8.2 engines and X drives. I was trying to calculate how low in the water the stern of my 2014 EC 360 would sit so that we could draw the line on the hull for the bottom coat. An acquaintence of mine had a Rinker 350 with 6.2s (377s) in it and I was trying to figure how much lower in the water my 8.2 B lll "X"s would sit. I got numbers that were all over the place, but in the end I calculated about 148 pounds for each 2014 B lll "X" drive. As Paul found out, you have to dig for the info. One site gave the weight as 150 pounds - then the article went on to mention that was the SHIPPED weight in a box! Not easy sometimes, eh? :-) MT

• Options

I should clarify my comment above, that was carrying the drive less the props. :) 

PC BYC, Holland, MI