Options

2013 Annual Chesapeake Rinker Rendezvous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

OK, all the old time RBOers and those completely new Rinker members.  I wanted to post the dates/location for our 8th annual rendezvous.  We will be anchoring out in Stil Pond for the weekend of July 12-14th (some of us wil be there on July 11th).  It is a great event and tons of fun!  Nothing better than seeing a ton of different Rinkers tied together (sometimes we even allow a stray or two).  There are always a mix of adults, kids and dogs.  For those that have never been to Stil Pond, it has a great sandy bottom and a naturally made lazy river (what beter way to sit back and have a drink).  We usually even see some bald eagles (as well as some other bald things).

In the past we've had contests for best drinks, best appetizers, hula hoop (for captains), and beer drinking (for admirals) and kid games.  Always up for ideas.  I'm thinking something floating & using oars this summer.

Oh & lets not forget we need to come up with a theme.  Last year was olympics.

(& now that we are on the Rinkersite, maybe this year I won't have to buy the Rinker goodies for giveaways...hint hint)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    riversideriverside Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Ok found it.

AquaHolicIII will be at stil pond on 7/12/2013 early afternoon.

Hope to see some new RINKERS

Can't wait to have lots of BOAT DRINKS

See ya then and lets get the party started

• Options
    Alright! I didn't figure you'd be the first one to find our new hideout!  I shouldn't have had my doubts!  & yes, we need some more newbees!  (argh!  someone has to walk the plank!)

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Although it was very subtle...picked up on that hint, Dream_Inn! Message me with what you're thinking....
  • Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    How sketchy is it getting into still pond? Some people have told me it can be pretty shallow if you catch the tides wrong
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That is back in Still Pond Creek.  Which really isn't too bad either, just one area you need to stay really close to shore.  The rendezvous is off  to the South before you enter Still Pond Creek.  Nothing tricky about it at all.  It is one of our favorite spots on the bay!  There is a naturally made lazy river that is a lot of fun when tide is going out.  We've had a time or two with 15 Rinkers.  I actually think we can break that this year. 

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I will plan to be there!
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    That is great Weber!  We usually have a 310 and 320 there, so your 312 will blend right in! <:-P

• Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    We would love to come. We came a couple of years ago. I always forget. Is there an email list or something we can get on so we can get a reminder or two when it gets closer.
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    I suggest putting it on your calendar now!  The date won't change, nor the location!  We have been there rain or shine!

• Options
    Can you post a pic of google maps to the location where the raft up will be?
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Here is a link with coordinates:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=still+pond+md&ll=39.327899,-76.141992&spn=0.003876,0.00824&hnear=Still+Pond,+Kent,+Maryland&t=h&z=17

It will be just on the north side of the long sandy strip shown. 

• Options
    EaglesNestEaglesNest Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

Eagles Nest is in!!!!

Wer can't wait...

• Options

Ok, I'm getting the itch!  Was rafted up in a group of 8 this past weekend (mostly Rinkers) & sure had a great time!  (practice my drinking - had to get back in shape from the winter)

My daughter came up with the theme for this year:  The 70's.  So, you're encouraged to decorate your boat to the theme & even wear something to the theme.  I may have a few disco lights and hang a couple vinyls (& maybe get a couple ty dye shirts).

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

That all sounds wonderful.  The Salt Shaker would enjoy a big party like that!

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    KCDawnKCDawn Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Ah, memories... Been 4 years since my last one! 

Post edited by KCDawn on

- Dave
  • Options
    KCDawn said:
    Ah, memories... Been 4 years since my last one! 

We can change that!
    :ar!

• Options
    MissKrissMissKriss Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Miss Kriss cant wait. Anyone from Jersey wanna wanna head down together let me know!!!
  • Options

MissKriss said:
    Miss Kriss cant wait. Anyone from Jersey wanna wanna head down together let me know!!!

Glad to see you made it over here! I think you need to get some of those Stone Habor folks to come down!

We are going to have the largest group yet!  I've got some key chains with little flyers I'm passing out to the Rinkers in my marina & I know of at least 5 just from my dock heading up! (one is 390 with a blue hull - will be cool to have two 390s & two 400s! & maybe more)

• Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013

Dream_Inn, what time are you thinking about heading out and back? If I'm going to try this [again], the wife might not come along. I'd bring one kid and would like to follow someone out and back of Annapolis/Sandy Point area for safety's sake (boat's only an old 232).

Still a pipe dream but you guys keep posting these fun pictures and talking it up....

Post edited by BoatAway on
  • Options

BoatAway, I think our plan is to go up Thursday evening probably around 6ish after work.  If that doesn't work, I know several that will be leaving at different times on Friday from mid-morning to evening from the South River.

As far as the time back, it'll probably be after lunch, maybe 1 or 2ish.  The ride from Sandy Point should be ~1hr and you can tuck behind us for a smoother ride.

We'd love to see you make it!  I felt so bad with what happened last year & the cell service in Still Pond is the worst.

• Options

thanks for the kind offer. those times and a smooth ride seem good to me.. i'm flexible.

I'm also considering launching from Mariner Point Park just accross the bay which would be a sinch. I have to find out if I can leave my truck and trailer there overnights.

http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/parks_rec/Parks.cfm?ParkID=73

planning mode!

• Options
    There's another boater that comes from the gunpowder if you decide on using mariner point park.  The only thing to note is there are times they close the river for aberdeen proving grounds doing some bomb practice (but a vhf call usually helps you thru).  I'll pretty much go right in front of Sandy Point if you go that way.  Either way we'll get you there with whatever you decide!

• Options
    thanks for the heads-up! wouldn't want to get bombed this year... hahaha
  • Options
    LayshLaysh Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Found the new site! Have never been to one of the Rinker rendezvous' but would like to join the group this year. We'll be coming from the magothy. Hopefully 4 of us plus our lab. Look forward to meeting everyone!
  • Options
    Laysh, that sounds great!  Looking forward to meeting you & the family!  The magothy is a beautiful river to be on.  In the past, we've enjoyed anchoring off broad creek on the magothy & have some friends that live off sillery bay.

• Options
    LayshLaysh Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Looks like we have a last minute change in plans, a family event and will miss out on the raft up. We will, however, be up in Still Pond (will be our first time) next weekend. If anyone happens to be there look for us, 2000 FV 310, Changing' Tides.  Have a great time.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you can't make it Laysh.  I'll keep an eye out for Changin' Tides!  ;)

• Options

Boataway, any thoughts on getting up there?  Looks like quite a few will be heading up from my marina throughout Friday.  I was hoping there would be some more new members on here (although I know a couple lurking that are coming but just too shy to speak up here - but not with a drink in hand).

Weber, you still heading up?

• Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    We should be there. ( We may have to bring a Sea Ray along but don't hold that against them).
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    We should be there. ( We may have to bring a Sea Ray along but don't hold that against them).

Are you going down Friday or Saturday?
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312