Options

Sunset cruise aboard our '04 FV270 Tiki Hut running down Sarasota Bay on a tropical evening

2»

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    I have not been able to use my boat for 2-1/2 weeks and now my Rinker is sick. Very strange problem. On the port side engine the electric fuel pump wont stop running and the helm is completely dead. No horn no blower no lights nothing. Looked at it all day today and can not find anything. Back at it tomorrow. Was really hoping for one more good ride before the haul but not looking good.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I never said they were RY......lol

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my first Rinker, was moored at sebastian inlet
  • Options
    and here is my latest, at a place called Silver Glen right at the Ocala national forest off Lake George
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many did your first Rinker sleep?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    This was my first Rinker........
  • Options
    Yerp........... All good......LOL
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Ras, great family picture!  I did some work way back in Ocala for a few months (installed air traffic radar between there and Gainesville for Jacksonville traffic control). You haven't seen any alligators in them there waters??

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    there all over the place......not so much up in the spring but the St Johns, full of them.....
  • Options
    and that pirate ship was moored off a spoil island near Sebastian inlet, don't know the story on it, very odd!
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    "all over the place..." Like this guy about 3mi from Silver Glen who was longer than the lane is wide....Pretty consistent for the St Johns. Swimmers be aware.

http://www.wistv.com/clip/10124798/massive-gator-spotted-strolling-down-georgetown-co-road

We've anchored in that spring and it's awesome during the week when it quiets down. Very primal with the ancient cypress and constant flights of Osprey filling up on fish. The water is absolutely Gin clear without the crowds of a busy weekend. One of our very memorable spots to anchor. Here's one of swimming in the spring..... Not for the faint of heart at 72*, or for those that are lacking in situational awareness related to lurking gators. :D

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice picture Tiki. 72F, I think I keep my hot tub at that temperature here in Canada. LOL.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    vary rare to hear about a human attack, not sure if that means you don't survive or it seldom happens! Usually the attacks you hear of are either landed on one or near, or if your around a nest with little ones, well, that does not end well. I used to swim all the time in the river but very selective now and as I say, seldom hear of enounters.
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    I swam only once in salt water, anchored off of Egmont Key.  A very uneasy feeling.  I felt like I was food.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egmont is teaming with a very intimidating amount of sea life.  I feel your anxiety.  I backed in by the lighthouse last year but was still 100' from shore. The admiral was fine until an enormous school of stingrays Swam under the boat. It took them at least 5mins to pass followed by dozens of huge leopard rays. Sharks visible in the gulf side surf is nearly constant. Just dont tie any shrimp to your toes. :D
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl