Options

Toilet

Anybody know what kind of toilet was in the Fiesta Vee 250? I have one with a camper toilet and there are 2 pipes in the bathroom,
one looks like a drain hose, where does it go? its open right now.
the other is a water supply hose im guessing that comes from the water tank.
Will i have water leaking into the bathroom from either of these hoses?
What type of toilet did it have? can i buy one?

Comments

• Options
    hcabalhcabal Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2002 Fiesta Vee 250 and the toilet is a Jabsco 29090-2000. The top  hose is the intake lake water to the toilet and the bottom is the one that sends the waste to the black water tank. Yes you could have leakage to the bathroom if any of the hose fittings or the bolts at the base of the toilet are loose. 
  • Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭

Thank you here is my plumbing, so im clear the one on the right draws water in from the lake, and the left dumps into the black tank, and i hook up a suction systen the the valve outside that says "waste"?

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the toilets in the rinkers are jabsco basic toilets with hand pump. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I'm beginning to think that the last owner ran this boat with the supply hose open as it is in my picture and this caused the wall to rot out? 
  • Options
    Where is the waste tank located?
  • Options
    Should be in the engine room. You should have a fresh water tank and waste tank. Waste tank will be obviously dirty. You can also see where your waste tank pump out is on your boat, to help locate it. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I cant locate it, its not in the engine room.
    Directly outside the bathroom is the waste connector, could it be that the toilet had a holding tank built in?
    On my picture above, the waste pipe goes in a downward angle, so it looks like it goes towards the sink area, ill try to get a camera behind there tonight.
  • Options
    Had a look with a camcorder this morning, it looks like the waste pipe gor straight to the waste outlet, so i must need a head with a built in waste tank? im going to try to confirm if the water supply is from lake water.
    Next job will be figuring out how the sinks work, there is a water pump on the system but no switch anywhere on the dash?
  • Options
    Hmmm, not sure - there might be a small waste tank below the head, but I don't think that's common practice. Maybe because it is an older boat?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited October 2014
    There is nothing unher the head floor just a 3"-4" space, im going to see if i can run a line or something down the waste line to see if it comes out in the bathroom. its a 1989 model. the previous owner os dropping iff the manuals this week, im hoping there will be more info in those than the generic one.
  • Options
    Is the toilet functional?  Wasn't your pump removed?  I am wondering if they didn't remove the waste tank to make room for something.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    There is one of the portable camping toilets in there right now
  • Options
    Well, that's it then.  The toilet is the hold. Didn't you have a pump removed or something on the head?  I'm either thinking it never had a permanent head system, or it was removed for whatever reason (maybe a leaking waste tank)?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Might it have been a port able pump out head 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Fresh water pump switch has been on the power panel on my boats that have a fresh water system.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    It had the camping toilet when i bought it a week ago. when i get home ill check my switch panel again.

• Options
    I have decided im not keeping the cheap camping toilet the PO put in there.
    Any suggestions on putting in a proper toilet? i have seen the ones with the holding tank built in but that will be too high because the toilet sits up on a raised ledge.
    How hard would it be for me to do some plumbing and add a holding tank somewhere on the boat, either in the engine bay, or i saw a sailboat that had one under the seat in the main cabin, just not keen on the idea of the waste tank where we eat and sleep, but that would be easiest as its right next to the head.

• Options
    It would be best if you could put a waste tank in, but you'd also have to find out how to pump it out. Look at jabsco toilets, they are common in rinkers. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    The engine compartment would be my choice and go with the biggest tank possible. This a easy job compare to your headliner.The hand pump toilet would be the easiest and quite maintenance free. Also install a tank vent filter and vacuum relief valve on the tank. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys im leaning towards putting the tank in the engine bay, im going to look this week about how i could run the waste line, i know i will have to drill and install a new pump out line because the original is about 8 ft away from where im thinking the tank will be.
    I was just looking at the Jabsco lite flush electric toilet seems to be the right dimensions for me.
    So the waste tank i know needs a pump out line, im guessing that come out the bottom of the tank? whats the difference between the vent line and vacuum relief?

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    X
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    A vent line filter is to remove any smell when somebody actually flush the toilet.
    a tank vacuum relief valve is when you do a pump out it prevent the tank from  imploding.
    If you do a bit or research on this site you should find infos on both subject.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys, i think that gives me all the info i need to get started.
    The only question i still have is the existing waste out port is 8 ft away from where the tank will be, is that too far? if so ill just cut a new hole above the new holding tank.
  • Options
    Thanks RinkerYan the toilet im looking at says it can pump up to 5' above the toilet base so that should have enough to do the job.

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any progress on this Brit?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    No, im still researching, maybe going for a toilet that has the wall mounted controls.
    I also just had the boat wrapped so i'm not doing much now, apart from refinishing the table, getting rid of the white melamine top and replacing it with cherry and a compass rose inlay
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Did some digging around in the head this morning and had a surprising discovery, what i thought was the raw water intake low in the hull is actually the drain for the head sink and the step drain, there is a breather fitting right below the waste pump out hull fitting.
    So now i have a new problem, How will i get water to a toilet? can i run a line from a fresh water tank, not my potable water tank directly into the intake pump for an electric toilet?

Post edited by Britinusa on
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a thru hull with a ball valve, strainer and feed pump to the toilet. Why waste fresh water?
  • Options
    I dont have a through hull to supply water, since im on a river and will only do the occasional overnight. My marina has fresh water at all docks i can fill my tank before i go out.
    I was looking at the Sealand toilets and it says they hook up to my pressurized fresh water system, easier then cutting new holes below the waterline for a river water feed i think.

• Options
    Mine use fresh water from my tank which I find is good because it keeps the toilet bowl clean and no yellow ring and no smell, and those not take much water.
    Paul