Toilet

2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes thats fine too. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the water pickup from under the boat. Most of the time I "dry" flush my toilet and then add a little water from the sink. It keeps the river water out of the system and my toilet isn't directly connected to the potable system.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    I have a Perko pump out deck plate, i measured the cap threads and its 1-3/4" but all im seeing online for the adapters is 1-1/4 or 1/1/2 is mine an odd size or am i measuring wrong, do i even need the adapter for a pump out station?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    I've had both raw and fresh water to the head.  I definitely have to say, if you can afford to use your fresh water, it is much better.  You don't have to deal with any smelly water, build up in the lines, and just better overall.  Yes, it does use your fresh water and you have to make sure you always have some in the tank.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the "sea water" inlet is a regional thing.  The head on our 280 drafted from the lake just like our 342 does.  I'm actually glad the water systems don't mix.  It would be "bad" if the fresh water tank got some back flow from the head.   :s

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    draw in raw water here but if I go to salt I use the fresh...that was a Tiki tip!
  • Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I ended up installing a portapotty pemenant install type.
    The adapter im talking about is to pump out the waste, i watched avideo on how to use the pump out station and they removed the deck plate cap then screwed in an adapter that the hose from the sewage section pump fit into.

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense, but I was referring to having the draft built in.  Sounded like not all Rinkers came with heads that could draft out of the water it's sitting in.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Stodge, I believe only the larger cruisers draw from fresh water tank, at least that is what I've experienced and seen.  This may be due to them having larger tanks and can more easily take the hit of using fresh water for the head.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    I wonder if the "sea water" inlet is a regional thing.  The head on our 280 drafted from the lake just like our 342 does.  I'm actually glad the water systems don't mix.  It would be "bad" if the fresh water tank got some back flow from the head.   :s
    As long as there is a check valve, then there wouldn't be a problem.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!