Options

X

2»

Answers

• Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

Ugh...  got me worried now.  I should have bought an old inboard.  ;) 

I will say that after only 1 month in the water, my B3 props were "cloudy" looking.  I thought they should still look like new after not even 1 month in the water.  I am rack stored next year, so I prob. won't have as much of an issue (I hope).  I have access to wells though, and planned on leaving it in for long weekends once in a while.  Hmmm...  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    TietsortTietsort Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Wow those other outdrives make mine look like they were good for another year.
  • Options
    TietsortTietsort Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Well there is one way to beat Mother Nature  , just don't let her touch it! In our marina there is quit a few old boats. So is that Mother Nature or human neglect?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    Not all of us have a lift in our area's. I know when I first bought my boat I put it in the water and due to personal reasons I neglected and I ended up with a lot of corrosion. Ever since then I always haul out in the middle of the summer and have a power wash and re-zinc. Never ever a problem with corrosion. Mikegloomis: Pro's and con's with inboards. Yes a lot less maintenance however different problems to worry about. Now I can only speak about my area. Lobster pots and moring lines are a problem especially at night. Drag under the boat and fuel consumption. Speed and low water.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com