Options

Water system winterization question

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is my first year with a cruiser, and I have winterized my boat. I went thru the water system by dumping pink in the fresh water tank and ran pink thru all of the lines. The question is, I have used the city water connection all summer while at the dock. There is about 8 feet of water line that I can see from the connection to the rest of the system. I did not run pink thru that section of the system. Should I connect an external bilge pump in a bucket and run pink thru it, or will it be fine. I have heard that it will be fine, but I don't want to find out the hard way in the spring that I should have ran pink thru it.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Good question. I was at the winterization for my 360 and I don't think my tech did anything. I'll ask today. My friend takes the spray nozzle off, has a 99 cent funnel that he sticks into the hose end and pours about 6 oz of the non-toxioc pink through.....but, like me, he's ocd. I'll ask my marina and let's see what the guys on here do. Good call CG! BTW my tech did not run pink through my raw water pump. I think he forgot. When I reminded him he blew air through it and said it will be fine - we'll see. MT
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Usually the stern shower is close enough to get pink back there. I never had an issue with my 310 doing that. I now blow air thru it using the city hookup before running pink thru.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    walmart sells a nice portable air tank which is great for blowing a little air through that fitting without needed electricity or your compressor.  blow it out or put pink in.
  • Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Pink for us also. Ran through the whole system, I blew air through the city hook up also.

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we are supposed to get a freeze this week, I ran pink thru the city hook up just to be safe.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!