Options

(( SOLD )) FV270 TikiHut For Sale Low hrs, great condition, incl Tri-axle trailer

2»

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Best of luck Tiki and of course your always welcome here..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
     Wow, just think of all that time you will have wondering what to do!  No boat to maintain, clean or spend all your weekend time on.  Geez, it'll be like the kids leaving home! :'(

& yes, you better stick around on here!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the deal.  Did you sell the truck with it?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    thx for the kind words guys.

06', It's not closed but I gave them everything marine related that I had since I have to give up boating, AND I threw in the Suburban to ease my hassle with one less piece to sell.

If it falls through I'll be cutting the boat price considerably, breaking it all down and parting out everything, truck/trailer/boat items. Obviously easier to do a package deal but at some price point I'll take the time and will let you know if you still need a truck/trailer.

Dealing with brokers was a trip nobody should have to bear. Ended up finding/closing the prospect myself.

Thx, Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Well good luck to you, hope it goes through but sorry to hear you have to give up boating.  Keep us posted. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Mike. Hope it all works out.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    If ever up in Chicago let me know you can work on my boat, I mean we can do some boating on Lake Michigan

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get to missing the labor of love, Mike, I've got plenty of rum and a toolset, and you're welcome anytime!!!
  • Options
    May have to start a nation wide mobile marine service. TikiHut marine...... will work for rum and a parking spot for the landyacht. :smiley: 

Well she's definitely sold. Best wishes to the new owners. Treat her well.
    MnK

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    Are you happy with what you got and did you sell the whole package?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Sorry 06, meant to get back to you on the truck and trailer. Yes I gave them the whole package boat/trailer/suburban/PFDs/dock lines/maps/tools/anchors/fenders/and boxes of extra marine stuff too. Plus I'm personally spending time on-board with them to help them learn the million and one things that'll make trailering/boating/navigating with a larger vessel an easy and safe experience.

I'm satisfied with the deal mostly because it's easier for me to sell it as a package and it was far easier for the buyer who didn't have to do all the researching and shopping to get the right stuff put together. It was a fair price because everything was kept in great shape and at a high level of quality. Plus it had absolutely all the options and upgraded electronics too. The buyers are excited.

If it'd been in fair shape or a stripped down boat it might have taken longer to sell, and brought far le$$ but the TikiHut stood out from the typical neglected weekender.

PS. The 1st brokerage was joke who posted it on the web and waited for something to fall in their lap, never following up on numerous inquiries. The 2nd brokerage was a nightmare that denied taking my boat for a joy ride, then left my cabin door open in a heavy rain and then closed it up wet in the Fl heat for days. I was outraged when I sent a prospect who reported my cabin floor was wet and stank of mold. I went down and retrieved the boat within an hour. Inevitably the buyer and numerous prospects came from one of my web ads within 3weeks of posting, after the broker was fired.

Can't say I'm really glad it sold but we sure hope the next owner will enjoy it.
    have a great season and post some boating pics now/then.
    Cya, Mike
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad all owners arent like Mike  :)