FV 270 flatscreen TV location

diggin2day1diggin2day1 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,181Member ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some alternate locations to mount a TV in my 2002 270FV. The original TV is gone. The television comes in handy while staying overnight with the kids on board. Was thinking about mounting a small (22" maybe) flatscreen above the entry to the aft cabin(see pic). Does anyone have any recommendations and/or pictures of their TV locations in their 270's

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 5,053Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    do a search, I recall someone putting a site up as they have to be 12v/110 right as I recall?
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,181Member ✭✭✭✭
    thanks Rasbury... I Don't need it to be 12v as it would only be used when we are connected to shore power. 
  • 99270fv99270fv Woodstock, GAPosts: 94Member ✭✭
    I just this wkend installed a full motion mount on the wall to the head in the vee berth. this allows it to swing around and be viewed from the cockpit or aft berth as well 
    99270fv - What size television did you use? Would you happen to have a picture of it? Thanks 
    CE TECH

Model # 60424N

Internet # 204251020

Store SKU # 524226

Chat Offline

Full Motion Flat Panel TV Wall Mount for 20 in. - 47 in. TVs

got the mount at home depot. I don't have a picture, if I took a picture someone would have to post it for me. I may try to do that tomorrow. I believe I have a 19" tv. you will need a full motion mount with the longest arm reach that you can find. also this install required removal of head door, clothes locker door, the forward half of the head to galley wall and the vee berth to head wall. wish me luck in posting a picture.       

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,881Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would reconsider just a 110VAC tv... A fellow 270EC owner has one along with 2 young children, and he now wishes that he got the 12VDC/110VAC tv. I ordered a 19" tv/dvd player and use it on the hook and while connected to shore power. The 270EC owner is now looking for a new TV so he can use it while underway and on the hook with the kids. The TV that I got was the Axess 19" TV/DVD model TVD1801-19. The picture is good when looking straight on and dims when looking at an angle off of horizontal, and does grab a lot of HD channels via the stock antenna.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    992, I wish you luck putting it all back together! I think I will see if I can find a converter for mine as the tv works perfectly, would like something that uses less power but have other needs for my boat bucks right now....is there a digital converter that works on both?>
    Ras, all of the convertors will work, but the key is to find one that uses a 12v transformer. If you can find that, you are golden... Some of them use 9VDC, or even 6VDC, the the 12VDC ones are out there. Most of them cost around $60. It will take some searching. I didn't want to deal with the convertor and for $170 on Amazon, I have a TV/DVD that works on 12VDC.
    Go Steelers!!!
    Here is a list of convertors that will work via 12VDC.

http://www.ezdigitaltv.com/Additional_Features_Matrix.html

Go Steelers!!!
    thanks cable!
  • frenchshipfrenchship Québec ,CanadaPosts: 1,079Member ✭✭✭
    hopefully this has a photo of the tv mount opened toward the cabin.
    this should be a photo of the tv mount in the closed position for viewing in the vee berth.
    edited February 2015
    That looks great 99270fv... I wouldn't be able to mount at television like you did because of existing cabinetry... Here's a picture of the front wall of the head:

I see what you mean. how about the front wall of the galley?
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Sarasota, FlPosts: 1,431Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I have the same cabinet and TikiHut has replaced the standard tube TV w/ a 12v/110v 22" flatscreen w/dvd and remote for about $150 and it fits inside the cabinet shown above. I'll look for a pic.

I also patch the TV audio into our stereo aux input for awesome surround sound.  Easy to view from the V-berth and I really wasn't too worried about a tv in the cockpit mostly because the view on the water is far better than anything on tv. It's highly recommended that you seek out a 12v model as converters are amp hogs for something as draining as a TV/dvd.

Here's another thought with all the screen time kids get today anyway, buy the kids fishing poles, underwater LED lights and board games and chuck the TV overboard. :D
    That'd be brave.
    Good luck, Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    I totally agree with the too much TV time statement!!! It's just nice to have when the kids have been out all day in the sun and we put them to bed early(for some mommy daddy time!)
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 7,393Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after you put the kids to bed, Mom and dad should be doing something else than watching TV! Good Grief!  <3
    Handyman let me clarify... What I meant was put the kids in the cabin to watch some TV, relax and fall asleep. C'mon man! Lol
    I have no TV on my boat
  • chrissyscallchrissyscall Long Island, NYPosts: 44Member ✭✭
    I'm looking to put a TV on my boat too, I guess we will figure it out in the spring, neighbor!!!!!
    Sounds like a plan!
    All, we didnt buy a boat to sit on our tukus and watch TV!
    I bought a boat to do whatever I want to it... Thanks.
  • BritinusaBritinusa Baden, PAPosts: 306Member ✭✭
    I have a tv next to the head, i ran a power wire around the V berth, under the trim.
    Only have it for rainy weather days.

• raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 4,126Moderator mod
    TV's are awesome on a boat. In the morning a cup of coffee watching the news. Maybe a good baseball game on when having a couple of drinks.......... Handyman you need to broaden your horizons..........lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org

When I retire I will get satellite TV but I am not on the boat long enough to watch TV. Besides its more fun to listen to the redskins losing on the radio. LOL

• MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,269Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it's nice to have a TV to watch some hockey or baseball.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• jhortajhorta Philadelphia, PAPosts: 90Member ✭✭
    I setup a apple TV and ATT hotspot JUST so I can watch the Yankees when I'm out on the boat.  Call me what you want, but can't think of anything better than floating out on the water with a glass of Balvenie Carribean Cask and the Yanks playing.
    J, what channel do you use on Apple to get baseball?