Options

Attaching a Magma pedestal on the swim platform

2»

Comments

• Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I have my grill mounted near the door to the swim platform.  Nice and close to the wet bar / sink.  No issues with the canvas - pass that along to the admiral.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We normally leave the camper up.  That location would be an issue for both the canvas and whoever we have rafted up on the starboard side.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options

Agree, if you have the canvas up all the time that location won't work. 

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    PairADicePairADice Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I used the same mount, but we put the Magma table for the starboard side and the grill goes on the port side so that everyone walking in and out of the bat don't get burnt on the grill. With kids around, and me always cooking, it made more sense.

The canvas issue... do you have rollup/zipper out sides? It would make sense to at least have it on the starboard side so that you can cook and not affect the canvas.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is where I placed my grill.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanted to or needed to drill straight thru the platform, you could use stainless steel "All thread rods cut to length", get a custom round stainless back plate made as well with stainless lock nuts. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    I am not a big fan of putting a BBQ next to the vent of a gas tank..... Just saying...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Where is the vent Ray?

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    On my boat they are right on the corners at the stern off the swim platform. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I know where they are on a 342 but I dont think that boat was a 342. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 280 pictured above, the vents are where the bimini support comes down on the sides of the boat. The fuel vent is further forward. The picture that rmrstlmo posted has the grill on top of the vents.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Yes, that vent is very close to my grill.

There is not a blower hose attached to that vent.  This something that I've wondered about since I bought the boat.  I figured it was an intake and the vent on the port side is where the blower motor blows out.  Is this normal?  Or, is something not up to code?  Thanks.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    No, he meant the gas tank vent which is near the fill cap below your grill
  • Options
    99270fv99270fv Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    rmrstimo one side of the engine compartment vent should not have a hose hooked to it. since gasoline vapors are heavier than air they settle to the bottom of the bilge where the blower system evacuates them out thru your blower hose. the intake side of the system feeds fresh air from the highest point. the lower your blower hose goes in the bilge the safer your system will be. my blower hose was dry rotten and cracked in multiple places. so if it has deteriorated you need to replace it 
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:

Gary, the water looks pretty clear there.  Is that the bottom we can see in the picture?
    Sorry,DI, just caught your question.  Yes, it is the bottom.  The water is amazingly clear on my lake.  I can see my anchor on the bottom while in 25 +/- feet of water.  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    Clear and cold!