Options

Spring launch with old gas

2»

Comments

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like getting the higher octane everyone once in a while is a good idea.  Especially with the last fill up of the year thats going to be sitting for a while.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would always put in premium, only because I know it doesn't have any ethanol in it and is far more stable. I might go through a tank in a week, so I know that would have been a waste, but then again, life might get busy and the boat might sit with the same gas for 6 weeks or more.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I agree, premium all the time is best. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno how the Canadians are set up, but for the folks in your basement, premium has nothing to do with octane... Five years ago it did, but not now with mandated ethanol... Gotta find recreational fuel. And for what it's worth, I'd rather have 87 octane recreational fuel than 93/94 ethanol fuel.
  • Options
    By premium I was referring to 93 recreational 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    For now in Canada only Shell 91 has no ethanol in it
  • Options
    In Canada premium fuel cannot be sold with ethanol.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Mark,
    for your info Petro Canada premium fuel has ethanol in it.

1. Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?
      Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Son of a ...

When the heck did they change that????

This site still has some petro can 94 stations rates as ethanol free - I wonder if the data is old.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=ON

OK, so all boat gas contains ethanol.  That's why I put in Stabil in every gas tank (even though I was using premium I thought was ethanol free).  Glad I was being "extra" cautious.

"Boat + Water = Fun"