Options

What upgrades do you have planned for your Rinker this year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Nice one Mark!

LG MARK
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Geeze, that was hilarious.......Just call him ol' copper bottom. 

Nice screws Tony. No, we're not staring at your Admirals new outdrives ;)

Wishing you many trouble free miles.

Mike n Kelli
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I got my first ride in my newly repowered boat.  I am still in shock over how much improvement this did.  Very quiet, very smooth, tracks like it is on rails etc, etc.  If I had any doubt about the need to do this it was all eliminated today.  We should have the boat back in our hands maybe by Friday.  A few other fixes/improvements are still in process.  But I am blown away by the performance of this "repowered" boat.  The features of these new engines make my old engines look like Model T sort of things.  And all this improvement is without making much use of all the EVC features because the boat has all mechanical controls. 

If I knew of a way, I would put a short video clip on here.  This thing is a brand new boat in a 7 year old skin.  And the skin is still almost perfect.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Tony, that is great to hear!! \:D/

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Awesome news! Hey, try posting to youtube and adding a link here. It's very easy. 

There's a few boats from CFCC meeting at twin dolphin next month on the weekend of 7-19. Nice folks and a nice pool. We should rendezvous with that new SaltShaker. We'll talk.

MnK
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Tony very happy for you. Good luck and have a great season.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked the Majestic (marine purpose built ultra low power consumption) t.v. that Rinker installed (thanks Rinker!) in my 2013 EC 310 so much that I bought a 22" version to go on the side support of my hard top above the refreshment area in the cockpit. It's on a swivel arm mount that snaps off the mounting plate by depressing a click switch for easy removal and security. The main platet is bolted to the radar arch side wall. I'll post some pics later. MT

• Options

Lets see if this is all you have to do.

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Tony. I know the feeling.  Felt the same and still do with my new ocean x drives. The response and tracking is fantastic. Wait until you dock her.  So smooth and responsive!  Oh and no water intrusion.

Well done!

LG
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin

I got my first ride in my newly repowered boat.  I am still in shock over how much improvement this did.  Very quiet, very smooth, tracks like it is on rails etc, etc.  If I had any doubt about the need to do this it was all eliminated today.  We should have the boat back in our hands maybe by Friday.  A few other fixes/improvements are still in process.  But I am blown away by the performance of this "repowered" boat.  The features of these new engines make my old engines look like Model T sort of things.  And all this improvement is without making much use of all the EVC features because the boat has all mechanical controls. 

If I knew of a way, I would put a short video clip on here.  This thing is a brand new boat in a 7 year old skin.  And the skin is still almost perfect.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

How about uploading video to YouTube or Vimeo and just including link here? Sounds great!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Mike, that stern platform is awesome! Sweet upgrade, I want some bling on our 270 deck.

Speakin' of bling and the winner of the awesome upgrade. That's a great shot of Tony the happy captain with his new Volvo engine/out drive set. Can't wait to see 'em up close. Hey, I know she's a shy one(right) but is this a pic of the Admiral stokin' the flame in that new Volvo power plant on your 342??  ;;)  Have fun, Mike

• Options
    Well the "Shaker" is back home.  I can not praise the job that Marsh Harbor Marina did with this job enough.  Rich Marsh offered to ride with me bringing the boat back.  I was pretty exhausted from the heat and this would be my first actual trip in an essentially new boat.  I am glad he was along because he caught me going far too fast coming into our neighborhood.  Turned out I was going by engine sound to determine speed.  Well that is not the thing to do.  These engines just don't make much sound.  The boat was hustling along with an ease that was brand new for this boat.  I think me and these new puppies will learn to get along just fine.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342 (new)
  • Options
    rwirerwire Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I changed all bulbs or fixtures  to LED's.
    Ordered them from marine beam.com. 
    They are a little pricey their but the web site is great and you get them 
    in a couple of days.
  • Options

rwire,

I put in LED's in our cabin, 8 total and they pay for themselves everything we use them.

Tony