Michigan Rinker Owners?

onebadRinkeronebadRinker Member Posts: 5
Who is from Michigan on here?  I am from Bear Lake and do a ton of boating on Lake Michigan, Portage Lake and Bear Lake.  Looking to meet some of my "neighbors" on here.  What lakes do you boat on?

Comments

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
  • She CaptainShe Captain Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    We harbor in Algonac, Michigan. We cruise Lake St. Clair, St. Clair River, Lake Huron, Detroit River and Lake Erie. Also interested in meeting other Rinker owners in our area who are interested in cruising and doing rendezvous.
    Happy Cruising!
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Holland and out on Lake MI a lot, obviously :)  Always wandering about the area.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Slip in Kenosha, wi - one of my goals for the summer is to cross the lake. Holland is a reasonable trip if we get a crew, likewise, black diamond - if you want to cross sometime - Kenosha and Racine would be good destinations and we could meet up.

Nick: I made the trip to Southport marina last fall, stayed on "I" dock.  We we're welcomed in and had a alot of fun.  it was a straight shot across the lake, about 4 hours in 2-4' waves.

Holland is nice, just have to taxi or bike to downtown, but at Yacht Basin Marina the crew is pretty fun.  Makes for easy access to the dunes.  Saugatuck is fun too, can be rowdy on the weekends and slips are tough to get.  Give me a shout if you are coming over!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • sfgenosfgeno Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Harrison Twp, MI on Lake St. Clair, once in a while you will see me peek in on Cass Lake.
  • nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Alright - I like it - lets make it happen! Since I'm only single engine, I want some companions with me on the cross - I'll float it by some friends on the dock and try to narrow down a weekend to try it! We're on g dock - the gas dock at southport. Great crew there, and I like Kenosha - Racine has more in the downtown, but the feel of southport has the 'pure' feeling of north point at winthrop harbor. Kenosha has a downtown you can walk around - racines downtown is bigger, but the marina is too impersonal for me. I live in Chicago and work off Michigan ave so I get my share of big city daily. Grew up boating on Saginaw bay and on Lake Superior. Brother went to hope so I know the area - and then my parents were out of ludington for a bit - the western coast of Michigan is gorgeous - if it were closer I'd probably be there.
  • bbender785bbender785 Member Posts: 8
    new owner here, from the greater Grand Rapids area (Caledonia).  i've spent years on my inlaws' boat on the Muskegon river, but traded my ATV race trailer for a '92 236 Sport Cuddy to have our own vessel since our family is rapidly growing.  we're less than half an hour to Gun Lake as well, i see us spending some weeknights there.  only half an hour to Holland too.  seeyas on the water.
  • jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Aboard!
  • dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Lake St. Clair!!!!
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Lake St Clair here, Harrison Twp is where I moor. Spend a lot of time at Strawberry island and even Seaway a couple times.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    Bbender - your in my area (slipped in Holland). Laketown dunes are great on a calm day, Saugatuck is always fun too. The Big Lake has tone to explore. Drop a note if you are coming by tjis summer!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • bbender785bbender785 Member Posts: 8
    "Bbender - your in my area (slipped in Holland). Laketown dunes are great on a calm day, Saugatuck is always fun too. The Big Lake has tone to explore. Drop a note if you are coming by tjis summer!"

you got it!

Any of you Lake St. Clair folks doing any cruises this summer? If so where are you going? We're looking for somewhere new to go this summer.

We'll probably try to make it up to Lexington and Port Huron once or twice this year, and maybe Put-In-Bay/Kelly's Island.

Yes those are our usual spots to go to as well. We would love to make the trip up to East Tawas or even Mackinaw but would like to travel with another boat/boats. Its hard to find other cruisers who want to spend the cash on fuel these days. 

Well, Lexington and PIB would be a huge trip for us! lol

We have a 276 cuddy, so our range and comfortable conditions is definitely more limited versus a bigger cruiser. Maybe we can meet up at one of the bays this year. I'm sure there's enough Rinker's on LSC to have a little get-together.
    We're doing a trip to Machinaw Island this summer for July 4th, already got a slip reserved!  I'll probably spend $3k on gas at most, but be gone for 10+ days and hotel rooms are $200+ a night and I'll bring my own food so it will be close to wash on cost and more fun than the car!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    edited January 2014

jtkz13, Sounds like a great idea, I think it would be a lot of fun! We should get something started for the Lake St. Clair Rinker owners out on Lake St. Clair. We see a lot of them anchored over by Strawberry Island on the weekends. Any other LSC Rinkers out there interested?

• dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

jtkz13, Sounds like a great idea, I think it would be a lot of fun! We should get something started for the Lake St. Clair Rinker owners out on Lake St. Clair. We see a lot of them anchored over by Strawberry Island on the weekends. Any other LSC Rinkers out there interested?

I would be down for that. Strawberry Island is one of my anchoring spots aswell.

edited January 2014
    Yeah that'd be fun. I'm sure I was one of them you saw out there, as Strawberry is literally 3 miles from our marina, so we spent a ton of time out there.
  • checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a Lake st clair rinker raft up!!!!   sounds like fun, im down for it.  a little of a drive for me being down in lake erie, but i always travel up their at least once a summer.
    Yeah that'd be fun. There's a ton of spots on the lake easy to get to for any size boat for a raft-up.
  • jreaujreau Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Checkmate, where in Lake Erie are you located?
  • checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    I'm just north of Monroe mi. Next to the swan boat club. I see you are out of toledo. We are usually down in Ottawa river a couple times a summer. We will hang out at that beach when you come out of the river. I thinks it's wood tick. Kids enjoy that beach. Also a former grad of ut.
    edited February 2014

LAKE ST. CLAIR RINKER OWNERS
    I just posted a thread on LSCN Boathouse about a possible Lake St. Clair Rinker Raft-Up in the making over by Strawberry Island. Lets see if we can generate enough interest out there to get something going. If you are interested could you please drop a few words on their site to get things rolling over there. If this takes off I will open up a new topic for the Raft-Up here in the Midwest section of this website and link the LSCN folks to us here.
    Keep dreaming of summer!

http://www.lakestclair.net/index.php?/topic/280585-rinker-boat-owners/ 

I'm on that site also, and we are definitely down. We are literally 3 miles from Strawberry, so its really close.

I will say that area is pretty un-protected, so if its a windy or busy day on the lake it might be a little bumpy for rafting up. It can be VERY calm, but thats usually a weekday with little or no wind.

If anyone wants to recommend a better location we can change it. With all this snow we should have some good lake levels this year and be able to get into some calmer areas. I am going to try to hit the boat show and talk to the local Rinker dealer and see if he can help spread the word.

I guess it depends on what everyone wants (just a bay or is beach needed?). I havent spent much time in Goose Bay, but its supposedly not as crazy as Muscamoot but still nice & protected.
    Getting closer to actual boating season, any other suggestions for a date & location?