Options

AC still getting HPF

2»

Comments

• Options
    georgec14georgec14 Member Posts: 16
    there is a solenoid in the unit that lets the water from the pump thru. if this is stuck no water will pass though. mine has stuck before because of ice. take the top off the ac  and /remove supply hose / turn on ac see if water is getting there/ if no water passes though  then solenoid is stuck.  it can be replaced. good luck captain.
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear enjoy
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind the faria gauges that you likely have are junk and in general unreliable if they are old.  I don't trust mine at all.  Smartcraft gauges are on my short list.
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @craigswardmtb I do have faria. How old is old?.  When replacing, do they go right into slots of old gauges?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of threads on this guys.
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Lots of threads but in general you can send them back to faria to be fixed for an exorbitant expense and expect them to go haywire again in a few more years. Or replace them with something more reliable. 
  • Options
    appreciate it @craigswardmtb.  So to make Handyman happy Ill get back on topic...joking.  A/C works great(except I forgot to close seacock before I left for the weekend) but I can not get it to kick back on when it reaches the set temp.  I set the ambient temp and it shuts off just fine when it reaches the set temperature.  But it wont kick back on when that set temperature is reached or passed, in this case a higher temp.  The fan kicks on sometimes but no A/C.  Another programing issue?  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't kick back on right away. It'll go passed the desired temp by a degree or more, to avoid the compressor from clicking on and off to frequently. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Interesting and makes sense.  I let it go pass by about 3 degree and did not click on.  This is normal?  Why would fan kick on without compressor? 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    There are different settings as far as the fan kicking on with or without the compressor.  I have mine set that the fan just goes to a lower speed when the compressor is off, but it still blows.  & Mark is correct, it will go maybe 2 degrees past and then kick on.  3 degrees and not kicking does not seem right.  You may just want to go thru all of your programmable settings to see what they are all set at.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    That is the short cycle delay, you can adjust it.  It prevents the compressor from cycling on&off.  I believe the factory reset setting is 2 degrees.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, I will play with the programming next time I am down.  Being that the fan kicked on I have to believe its working just needs to be adjusted.  

A second question I have is cleaning the AC.  I bought this A/C coil foaming cleaner for my previous boat and was curious if this will do the trick.  

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Fan will not overheat, it just spins, so you can blow air all day long without a problem. Compressor on the other hand can over heat, over pressurize, especially if it goes on/off frequently. So fan keeps running, blowing past the compressor, and if it's on the air will be heated or cooled. If it's off the air just blows past and returns at the same temperature. 

Check if there is a setting you can change to get it to kick back in sooner. Not sure, but I seem to remember something. Now are you talking 3 degree F or C? 3F is probably okay, 3C is not. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Yea it sounds like a programming issue, or me being impatient and not knowing it will come back on.  I am talking Fahrenheit.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    3F is probably okay. When mine goes off it drops around 1.5C before it kicks back on, which is about 3F.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Very good Ill give it more time this weekend and see if it comes back on.  Appreciate the help everyone.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good coil cleaner