Prepping 342 for truck transport

2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May be a long enough cable to reach the radio
  • Options
    buggyjdavbuggyjdav Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Ended up disconnecting antenna from radio, removing connector and pulling up through arch,  mechanic at marina came aboard as I was finishing up and said that was the correct way to do it. Thanks for all your help everyone, she is on the back of the truck for delivery tomorrow.
  • Options
    JayneNolinJayneNolin Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017

As you said that you had transported your boat through a  truck, it is better that you should hire an auto transport service to transport your boat. A friend of mine had transported his boat by hiring the international auto transport Oakland(wewilltransportit.com/boat-transport/) services, where the transporter had transported his boat from Oakland to Broward and they had delivered it to Broward safely.

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    When I had my 360 Rinker transported from Canada to Chicago only the main brackets were removed, the cables were taped down
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to remove the radar dome and that was it.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez @bry1429I remember that hard top! I spent about 4 hours on top of it. We put down a blanket then a piece of plywood so we wouldn't dent or scratch it! I helped a tech remove all of the hardware -  or - more correctly the tech helped me. I decided not to pull the cables as I didn't want to knick or crimp any of them. It is too easy to damage some of the cables on the sharp edges of metal or fiberglass, particularly the electrified ones. The VHF antenna was wound all through the helm - it would have made a mess to remove it. Better to protect and tape down the cables and antenna imo.