Options

Damage

2»

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job bending that back!  Turn him into the USCG.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    **** not good, I would be telling the marina everything and have them move him or yourself out of harms way.

2004 Cruisers Yachts 320 W/6.2L I/B's

Boat Name- Anchor Management, Mayo MD

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job. Looks like new. Tome to get an IP cam and rexord. Video evidence in the act and he goes to jail.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,578 mod
    If what you're saying is true, this clown is a repeat hit-and-run offender.  I'd file a USCG accident report for sure so there's a paper trail for next time.  Also, get in touch with the local harbor patrol or USCG to let them know the situation.  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to install the pulpit last night. I'm happy with the results, I just hope it stays this way! 

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the deer camera?
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a storm bend my roller like that one while anchored.  Ended up getting a new roller.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Un-believable story. Sorry this happened to you.

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    I made a few calls to the town (Marina is run by the town I live in), they are working on finding me a new slip to move to.  I haven't been down to the boat in about a week, I plan on checking on it today. I hope I don't find any new damage!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Glad you were able to fix it!  You should leave him a labor invoice on his windshield.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would leave him a labor notice on a cracked windshield. I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but you all know that would put a smile on your face.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I was able to get a new slip! It's 3 spots over from where I was, it gets me away from Captain idiot! My wife and I are happy because the old slip was a little narrow and the new slip gives us plenty of room for a future upgrade  B). Hopefully I don't have to worry about any further damage.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed your posts Aero but had to stop for awhile as my blood pressure was getting too high. As a boater I want to believe that we are part of a "brotherhood" of the sea and don't harm each other - sadly I have seen and heard too many examples of sh*tbags damaging other's boats and trying to slink away. Happy for you that you got a new slip.....wait a minute more room for a bigger boat?????
  • Options
    Good for you!

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    MT is right on. I have always said that we are a "brotherhood" on this site. People should just take responsibility if they hit somebody's boat... However people will be people......  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    And losers will be losers.....

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that I have learned over the years boating on the Three Rivers is that there are boat owners and people that own boats. The boat owners are the ones that MT talks about being part of that "brotherhood" and we understand what it takes to keep our vessels nice. The people that own boats just don't care. They are out for themselves and that is it. They plow thru no wake zones, plow next to a marina and just don't care. When you bring stuff up to them, the look at you like you are stupid or talking in a foreign tongue.

Aero... Glad to see that you got moved away from him. I am sure you will be much happier in your new slip.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Know any divers in the area. I could have his drain plug out in less than 2 minutes LOL - "have tanks will travel"..... remember that western - have gun will travel?
  • Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    One thing that I have learned over the years boating on the Three Rivers is that there are boat owners and people that own boats. The boat owners are the ones that MT talks about being part of that "brotherhood" and we understand what it takes to keep our vessels nice. The people that own boats just don't care. They are out for themselves and that is it. They plow thru no wake zones, plow next to a marina and just don't care. When you bring stuff up to them, the look at you like you are stupid or talking in a foreign tongue.

Aero... Glad to see that you got moved away from him. I am sure you will be much happier in your new slip.

i am down river from you in Cincinnati, you hit the nail right on the head! i hate leaving the marina when the weekend is over knowing that i am going back to the real world of inconsiderate people!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    One of the biggest problems we face in our marina is that we are asked to notify the marina office when we will be away for more than 24 hours. The marina will then rent our slip to transient boaters. This is becoming a common practice in our area. The idea is for the marina to generate some extra cash and keep the slip costs dowm for members. The problem is that exposes us to boaters who are often on holiday with a boat they use for a week or two a year. My slip mates and I try to keep a lookout for each others boats when transient boaters come into a slip beside one of us but we can't watch everything. It's sad but the first thing many of us do when we arrive at our slip is to look to see if our boat has been damaged. I'm pretty sure the marina wouldn't pay for damages to our boat - it would have to be our insurance. I am aware of at least five instances of  damage to boats where no one has come forward and I'm pretty sure the number is a lot higher.
  • Options
    Moneyplays21Moneyplays21 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I always notify the Coast Guard if possible.  They are usually better than local PD.
    2014 Rinker 310 Express Cruiser.
  • Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    I don't think I'd be very happy if my marina rented out my slip just because I wasn't there. Suppose we had to come back early?
    I just think a marina that rents out a paid slip is double dipping.

• Options
    hey Dan, When the marina rents the slips  to transient boaters they do it on a daily basis. If the yearly slip renter returns early the marina will find them a slip for the reminder of the day then they get theirs back - or so they say. That said - I agree 100% with you. I don't like it either. A number of the yearly renters just leave and don't say anything.