Options

Time to plane

2»

Comments

• Options
    NRathNRath Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    That outdrive and sst prop is beautiful- my feelings are hurt!  What year and how many hours? Gotta' be fresh water only, right?  The outdrive is the one part of mine that isn't in tip top shape- got a little bit of corrosion that I need to tend to.  I envision pulling the whole outdrive so I can clean up and paint each of the pieces (did I mention OCD).  Are you runniung the stock aluminum anodes?  

The pedals on that prop are interesting.  I assume that's an example of non-cupped prop.
    I see you ditched the plastic bolt in the lower strut for the clevis pin- good idea.  I wasn't feeling that plastic bolt/nut, either.  I can see the nut backing off over time.  I grabbed some loc-tite but it said it will attack some thermoplastics.  I took a screw driver and bent some threads to secure it.

I agree with you- I've been puzzled on this boats performance compared to those reviews I read about it.  Do you happen to recall what gear ratio your 192 had?  Mine is 1.79, which appears to be right in the middle of the ratio offerings.
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited August 2015
    I don't own the 192 any longer.   That photo was taken in 2010 but it still looks the same.   Yes,  freshwater only and it stays on a trailer.  I think it was just under 200 hours.  I thought it was a cupped prop but I could be wrong. 

The spreadsheet I referred to above shows the calculations for that particular drive.   It was also a 1.79 like yours.

Mark 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme