Options

Summer season...

Comments

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Florida has one huge and capable doctor community.  They have tons of "old" people to work on.
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    They also have something I've not seen in other states - SILVER ALERTS - like an Amber Alert but info about car, license No. age of driver, etc. on the electronic billboards on highways to help locate those "old" folks when they go missing!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream, you have me worried. You are making bad comments like me. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad mine only holds 100 gallons...
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    rasbury why?????? I hold 235 gallons I wish it held more. Other than the extra weight more is better. Less trips to the gas dock and wasting time there. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Less trips with that gas hog?
  • Options
    I would very much rather own my gas "hog" than the "dog" you own. Boated all weekend and cruising around having a blast at 36-37 mph and not even pushing it. If you have to worry about putting gas in a boat then maybe you shouldn't own it... Keep your "dog" diesels.... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited September 2015
     B) 
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Ha!  You guys are all funny on the ole gas/diesel topic again!  I do understand Raybo's comments.  If you have to 'worry' about how much gas you burn, then get a smaller boat (or go slower in a diesel).  I don't think about how much fuel I use to get some where.  Sure I try to be efficient and get best fuel burn, but if we want to go somewhere, we're gonna do it.

I will say 300 gallons is perfect for the size of my boat.  I can really notice a performance difference between full tanks and half. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks Dream you said better than I did....lol BTW all the "going back and forth" with Handy is all in fun. No problems there.... (I think..lol)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
     :) 
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    rasbury I think your over reacting to what is going on here. I work very hard for what I have and of course money is always an issue. My point is if someone cant use their boat because of the cost of gas than maybe that boat is not for them.  The other point that I made was that if my boat held more gas I would not have to waste time at the fuel dock. So yes I am glad my boat does not hold only 100 gallons 300 would be much better........ And that is my point!
  • Options
    All in fun!  From my experience, there is no group of people more engaging and fun than boaters.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Handy and us are planning a short trip together in a few months.  '03 with diesels vs an 06 with gassers.  We should have hard solid data.  Handy and I will spin it and report back.  lol
  • Options
    Tony, Can you make it back and forth to Key west without refueling? I can and will pass Raybo anchored and out of gas half way down there. hahahahahaha
  • Options
    Good one Handy you might pass me but you wont be leaving a wake with that thing, not fast enough.....lol too funny..........
  • Options
    I have found we have two speeds.  Planing at 1.1 mpg or trawler speed at 2.2. mpg.  Trawler speeding during the night can be really pretty.  We had the opportunity to trawler speed with one of our friends with a "displacement" boat from Port St joe (I think) to home dock.  26 hours.  Most beautiful overnight I ever spent on the water.  The full moon lit up the entire sea the entire night.
  • Options
    Ray, can you get me some of that dope you are smoking? 
  • Options
    At least I have time to sit back and smoke it because I got there faster.......LOL
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    TW, I hear you on the trawling speed.  I did it a few weeks ago when driving a few captains and their wives back from happy hour (I was the DD).  It so happened it was during the Blue Moon.  I had more fun at trawler speed letting everyone drink and have a good time!  & headed right towards the full moon made a nice glare on the water to guide me home.

Ras, please don't take us the wrong way.  I'm a huge penny pincher!!  I mean heck, I have a freakin' tracfone cause I don't want to pay the monthly cost of a cell phone (& my wife and kids do too).  I had rabbit ears on my home TV until a few years ago.  We keep what we earn real tight, but our boat is where we splurge.  & yes, we are proud of where we are.  It kills me when I try to cut costs and do all my own maintenance (& buy used boats of course) & then see somebody that has never boated come out in a 45' brand new and doesn't really give a darn!  Then the boat sits all year.  I have met both Tony and Handy, and let me tell you, they are great people that work hard for what they have as well!  (sorry, hadn't met Ray yet...still unsure about him :)  )

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream I feel the same as you do. Now I have not met Handy or TW. As far as Handy goes just from our little "rubbing" of each other about gas vs diesels I feel like I have known him for years. Lord have mercy...... Ras nothing said or meant to you at all. I think I made that clear. Your an important part of the RBOC and I would like to keep it that way. I work very hard for my money and no I am not rich. I live paycheck to paycheck just like most. We I die I plan on leaving my kids bills not money. I am enjoying my life to the fullest and will continue to do so...... 
  • Options
    Ray, I just eat the brownies on the way. No evidence. LOL
  • Options
    Oh and Ray, the wake is bigger when you cant get on plane.  ;)
  • Options
    You should know about not getting on plane....... Handy I think we should give this a rest. Members are getting bored...........lol

• Options
    Volvos with Ocean X drives.  Throttle up--roar--on plane--minimal wake.  Awesome!
  • Options
    Same here with my B3's. Love my merc's............
  • Options
    I think Ray is just jealous. If we could only get the speed of a gasser and the mileage and reliability of diesels in one motor, sweet. 
  • Options
    Now your talking Handy...... That would be the best of both worlds........ But trust me I am not jealous one bit.........
  • Options
    Actually, if I upgraded my engines I would stay right with you and even pass you when you run out of gas. 
  • Options
    Ray, if you and your girl ever get the prestigious opportunity to ride on my Diesel powered machine, you better leave her home because the diesels will make her think she is riding a Harley mister!