Fresh water flush

2»

Comments

• 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Yes I go that way all the time.  You lived in Maryland correct?  Where did you boat?

I think I will install it, I like the idea of flushing it out.  Also getting salt away for inside engine and on hull after a days use.
    Post edited by 06Rinker270 on
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    I will attempt to get a photo.

Tony
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

A salt water pool is 3 ppt (or 3 grams per liter) salt. There is no carbon steel in contact with water from a salt pool. Everything needs to be stainless steel. I once had a the wrong flow probe put into my system (wasn't stainless) and it dissolved.  So I would say for sure I would flush if it were 2.6 to 5.0 ppt salinity. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    270, I boated in Solomons
    Never been to solomons but it's on my destination list as I have heard great things.  And to answer your question no I don't go into the bay.  I did when I brought boat from Kent narrows to CB but that is it.  I plan to some day but some tell me boat is too small for bay.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way too small. I used to take out my 16 foot bowrider and went all the way across for fishing. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,658 mod
    We took our first boat, a 240 Sundancer, as far south as Crisfield (& up to Salisbury) and as far north as the C&D canal.  Your 270 is definitely not too small.  Solomon's is a beautiful place, one of our favorites!

FWIW, vinegar/water mix with a towel will keep hull clean from spots as well.  I just give mine a rinse with the hose each time I come back.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,741 mod
    @06Rinker270 - Your 270 is fine for the Bay, most of the time.  
    For *any* size boat, there will be days when the Bay is just too rough for safe boating.  For a 50-footer, it might only be one day a month.  For a 40-footer, maybe 2 days a month.  Your boat, maybe it's 4, but you'd be fine the other 26 days.  The trick is knowing when to stay put and wait for tomorrow.  
    In practical terms, it means if you're planning a week-long cruise, you need more contingency days than a bigger boat would need.  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,658 mod
    Yep, LaRea said it right.  There are days I know my boat can handle it, but the rough ride isn't much fun.  There are many boats like yours just in my marina that go across the bay every summer weekend. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

All about being smart, watching the weather and planning your trip accordingly.  Thanks fellas.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270