Options

New Seablaze X Spectrums

Comments

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how expensive these things are the more I'm looking into them!  Although I guess I did pay 400 for a really nice led mtn bike so I guess I should have known. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe how expensive these things are the more I'm looking into them!  Although I guess I did pay 400 for a really nice led mtn bike so I guess I should have known. 
    If you are looking for a single color light, check out the coastal night lights underwater light. I have 2 of the DS models in blue and they work great.

http://coastalnightlights.com/Gen3-UW-Lights.html

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I just bought 3 of the DS models in blue. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I had the Seablaze 3's on my old Four Winns so I wanted something different and the new spectrums are really nice so I decided to go for it lol. Anything is nice to have because very few boats have them
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..... agreed,  but color changing and strobing,  we'll that is something else! 
  • Options
    Hahaha agreed @Michael T!
  • Options
    cobrakd1cobrakd1 Member Posts: 4

I am doing 3 seablaze 3 blue lights my friends have them and as soon as I can I will install them just put them on another boat 2 weeks ago they look great out of water will soon see them in water.

• Options
    I had the Seablaze 3's on my old 258 Vista @cobrakd1 and I loved them. Lumitec makes good stuff
  • Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    I just bought 2 of the SeaBlaze 3's for my 342. Where would be the best place to mount them and how far underwater? The very outsides of the transom or closer to the outdrives?
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    How well do they work in the Chesapeake Bay murky water. 
    Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure
  • Options
    @Hamdog if you have 2 outdrives which I am assuming you do because of the 342, You need 3. You place one on the outside of the outdrive and then one in the middle. Lumitec recommends you mount them between 9 and 18'' inches below the water line for the best results. I had the Seablaze 3's on my last boat and they were awesome. You'll be very happy!
  • Options
    Where would you guys suggest that I mount the switch? Does the switch and all the wiring come with the lights?
  • Options
    If your lights change color or strobe mount the switch where you can see them so you know when to stop the activation. Rinker mounted the one color blue LEDs switch at the helm. I mounted the color changing/strobing switch at the refreshment counter.
  • Options
    Does the switch and wiring come with the lights?
  • Options
    Jerry, I can only speak for Ocean LED. They provided wiring that went to the battery bank and was fused. I had to run the wiring to the switch that I bought. I bought one that matched the Rinker O.E.M. Maybe Seablaze is more generous!
  • Options
    @Hamdog the Seablaze's do not come with any switches or wiring. The lights come with about 18 inches of wiring out of the light itself. You can just a regular on/off rocker switch to control the lights. Which combination did you get of the lights? Hopefully only one color. The lights that have the dual colors, you get half the brightness. 
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    found these brand new on Ebay for under $500...that's pretty good because 'Ive seen them as high as $800+ elsewhere. I was trying to decide between these and the new Rigid Industries RGBW lights, but the deciding factor was that Rigid required a $400 controller to change the color of the lights. On these, just flick your switch until you get the desired color, or leave it to cycle through the full spectrum
  • Options
    @Dirtythirty Rigid makes marine lights now?! lmao wow. I got mine for $435 each. They will be going on in another week or two. Waiting for the weather to finally break for good. 60's one day and then 40's the next lol. Good ole Michigan weather!
    @Hamdog I have been used 14 gauge shielded speaker wire for power wiring for recent projects. Its worked great so far with no interference. I would suggest it to you for your install
  • Options
    So here is a thought.   Under my swim platform, I have a large factory installed, swim platform, white light . What I have decided to do, is to use the existing wiring for this light (which I will remove and discarded after the LEDs are installed) and utilize the factory switch which is already in place and wired . That way I won't have to run a switch to the dash , as I already have a (lit) switch in place on the panel near the rear door that leads to the swim platform. Just trying to make my life a little easier.
  • Options
    @Dirtythirty i think that would work fine. The LED's will definitely draw less power and amps than the old halogen so you should be ok. Maybe take the wiring to the light and wire it to a block and then wire the lights to the block maybe. Just thinking outloud lol
  • Options
    @Dirtythirty, you should have spare wiring from the dash to the engine room. Maybe an ACC that was to be used for a washdown pump? That is what I used for my underwater LED lights. I also had a halogen swim light and I occasionally use it to show the difference between the white light and the blue LED lights.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I ordered the 2 color blue and white lights. I went ahead and ordered 3 based on jme097 comment. Thanks! Jme097, were the Seablaze 3's you had single color or multi? Assuming you had single color. Maybe should have ordered something else?
  • Options
    @Greg, doing just that....going to wire it into that swim light.  Wont need it anymore !!
  • Options
    @Hamdog I just had the solid blue Seablaze. They were great. Just depends on where you boat and the water I guess. If its murky or cloudy or if theres pretty good clarity. I would go one solid color but thats just me
  • Options
    Read your wiring instructions carefully so hat you do not violate your warranty regarding the wire sizes and fuses required. You do not want to damage those expensive lights. All companies probably have their own installation specifications but Ocean LED is very specific on the wiring size, fuse amperage and quality and wiring the lights individually unless using a routing box. Blowing your lights or hurting the Lumen out put with a quick wiring job would be a shame IMO. Do by the specs!
  • Options
    Michael T   Thanks...Great advice !
  • Options
    I read some reviews on the 2 color lights from a bunch of places and they seem to be good and the pictures look cool. I boat in a freshwater lake that is fairly clear so I am going to give these a shot. Mostly be used while sitting in a cove at night. I have a green light that I plug into the DC outlet that works very good and it is no superlight by any means. Going to stick with the 2 color and take my chances. Thanks for all the help.
  • Options
    You will like whatever color you get. Where I boat, white is blah, but the blue makes the river look like the Caribbean. The wash behind your boat looks awesome while underway. Here is a Gar that was attracted by the blue and white light.

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Is that an alligator gar? LOL
  • Options
    No, it is a spotted Gar.